• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Hemi Superbird Restoration..................errr.....scratch that........

I came back to look at your rocker panel repair and ran into this quarter panel work, man what a mess, glad you got it worked out. You've got some serious grinding skills :)

Wow, you have some great work done there, i cant wait to see this, fantastic stuff!!! :)

IT HAS ARRIVED................. muh wahahaha......

A0533BBD-9D4A-4903-9F96-A2A809193D35_zpsgb81r1bu.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now for a weekend of continuous trimming, fitting, tweaking, swearing and welding!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

3BE4CBC9-532D-4448-817C-47372C63FB91_zpstgwou98j.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Are you digging the hieroglyphics on the quarter panel? Hopefully this thing gets done before someone finds those and wonders what they mean........

I would be excited to man, I always like how this looks on these. cool part and do enjoy all the welding, going to be a sweet piece for it! :)

IT HAS ARRIVED................. muh wahahaha......

A0533BBD-9D4A-4903-9F96-A2A809193D35_zpsgb81r1bu.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now for a weekend of continuous trimming, fitting, tweaking, swearing and welding!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

3BE4CBC9-532D-4448-817C-47372C63FB91_zpstgwou98j.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Are you digging the hieroglyphics on the quarter panel? Hopefully this thing gets done before someone finds those and wonders what they mean........

Have you finished welding it in yet? If I may, why isn't the out edges of the plugs touching the quarter? Looks like you have to force it down then weld? If so, does that warp the rear glass opening? Sort of confused by the 2nd image...

Beside that... I just went through every page and man, what a fabricator you are !!! :headbang:

Cheers,
Troy

Have you finished welding it in yet? If I may, why isn't the out edges of the plugs touching the quarter? Looks like you have to force it down then weld? If so, does that warp the rear glass opening? Sort of confused by the 2nd image...

Beside that... I just went through every page and man, what a fabricator you are !!! :headbang:

Cheers,
Troy
last picture its not sitting up in the rear window channel

Some amazing and creative work. Taking practically nothing and making it into something. I like following this thread to what is expected to be an awesome outcome. Keep rockin on....

Thanks guys. The plug is not welded in. I haven't had any time to work on it lately! It does look like it needs a fair bit of work and I think the width of it is not correct where the diamond corners come in. If you look at the originals, it looks as if the corner trim meets the Dutchman panel right at the seam of the Dutchman panel and quarter panel. My plug is a good inch narrower at this point. For my application, it's not a big deal as I had told Don that I did not even want the corners on the plug but got them anyway. I'm going to cut them out and fill them as I'm going for a hardtop bird.

LOL at the rate I'm going, that air cleaner will never get used!!

Auto Transport Service
Back