• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Hemi Superbird Restoration..................errr.....scratch that........

I totally feel your pain. That’s pretty much been me all this year but I finally started working on mine again. Getting ready to send my 440 block to the machine shop ( that will help light the fire!)

I totally feel your pain. That’s pretty much been me all this year but I finally started working on mine again. Getting ready to send my 440 block to the machine shop ( that will help light the fire!)
I’ve been putting on new hats at work for the past 3 years. This year, they combined my job and my former bosses job, gave me his title and called it a promotion. The pay increase was minimal compared to the workload increase, lol. We’ll see how it goes! I just got my Molnar rods for my 448. Need to get Pistons coming. Good luck with your build!

It's been a few months since last time I came here. Any news on this build ?

It's been a few months since last time I came here. Any news on this build ?
Unfortunately not. Work has consumed me. I stole the engine away from this project since my other roadrunner needed one. That should be running by spring. The focus can then shift back to this project. I’ll probably finish the rolling chassis as it’s really not that far from completion and then start on a new power plant for it.

Throw us some info and/or pics of your other runner please. Love this thread, can’t wait to see the progress on the superbird!

Hooked us,,,,,,,,,kept us in limbo as the fantastic progress kept us coming back after each post and takes the engine for one of the other products...............:nutkick::hifu:..............LMOLLLLLLLLL
LOL , I had a finished car with no engine and a finished engine with no car! Logic dictates the path forward! Stay tuned as the green car goes low 8’s and the Superbird gets an even better engine combo! We’re debating between a KB Hemi with 88’s or a Blown Brad 5 on alky.

Just which licence do you have?? AND how fast do want to go????
None. I’ll get that when the time comes. Hopefully this summer.
I have two goals to achieve;

1.A seven second quarter mile slip in a street legal car
2. A 200mph pass be it 1/4, 1/2 or standing mile, no real preference.

So it’s coming up on 8 years since this project was kicked off. Crazy! How time flies! In case you’re wondering, it’s still here and I still work on it as time allows. The drivetrain is in my other car and will be until this gets finished. At that point, the hemi will come over to the Superbird and be coupled with twin 88s. I have a 400 in the woks with Trick Flow heads that will go into the green car with the twin 76s. Both will be better combos in the end.
The immediate goals are to get the Superbird into primer and “roller” status by spring and complete the 400 so that it can be swapped into the Green car over the winter of 22. The factory style wheel tubs were cut out and these 34” tubs were added to get the car low. Nothing worse than a 4x4 looking Superbird.

CB39CCE7-3305-44B9-9891-FF3D02426EBF.jpeg 22808BA7-AA06-48E3-8069-4DACA9B59751.jpeg 9B12DC4C-4FA5-45F4-A904-AADEA33A11AE.jpeg 0D20CB97-5C29-478A-BF51-0B171CE036BA.jpeg

So it’s coming up on 8 years since this project was kicked off. Crazy! How time flies! In case you’re wondering, it’s still here and I still work on it as time allows. The drivetrain is in my other car and will be until this gets finished. At that point, the hemi will come over to the Superbird and be coupled with twin 88s. I have a 400 in the woks with Trick Flow heads that will go into the green car with the twin 76s. Both will be better combos in the end.
The immediate goals are to get the Superbird into primer and “roller” status by spring and complete the 400 so that it can be swapped into the Green car over the winter of 22. The factory style wheel tubs were cut out and these 34” tubs were added to get the car low. Nothing worse than a 4x4 looking Superbird.

View attachment 1199763 View attachment 1199764 View attachment 1199765 View attachment 1199766

You’re a beast!!

Auto Transport Service
Back