• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road runner Convertible, long time waiting

70 Road Runner Convertible Project Color Choice

• original K3 light Burnt Orange

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • original K5 D ark Burnt Orange

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • 2003 Plymouth Burnt orange seen on Prowler don't have the code

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • 2009 Dodge snakeskin green

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • bright white iridescent I believe Lexus

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
i like the work you did on the rear corners on the deck panel.I remember those radios with a built in cb.My mom had one in her car years ago.

RoadRunnerMan, Thanks for the compliments on the deck work, I am going to work further tonight on the quarters.

When this radio was made in 78 is when I graduated from High School. I was into the whole CB thing at that time in my life like others. It was the top of the line and my friends parents who were also into CBs would have that radio installed in their cars. With a 8 track player and CB radio was like toasted sliced bread. Cobra was the brand to have in my area.:headbang:

thanks

You have got it looking good. It took me 8 years to get my RR done. I found a guy who had some NOS under dash FM 8 tracks that I got 2 for my cars. Keep up the good work you'll get it done.

I finally feel like I am making progress. The 1/4s are coming out great.

Attachments

• IMG_0066[1].jpg
    IMG_0066[1].jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0067[1].jpg
    IMG_0067[1].jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0069[1].jpg
    IMG_0069[1].jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0065[1].jpg
    IMG_0065[1].jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 313
Thats some great work, those quarters look real good...

Thanks, The problem with the quarters is that they were installed 15+ years ago. They were the old style of skins which did not have the top body line and were overlap welded on the side. It would have been a cleaner job if butt welded, that was then and this what I delt with. After 15 years they had developed some dents and they were hung not as nice as I would have liked with too many warps from welds and not as crisp lines as I would have liked. Another problem I had was that one side I had to partially release at the top weld because the top of the 1/4 had dropped when it was first installed. The 1/4 extension would not line up properly. I just did not want to tear them off to replace them. Skim coat and a lot of sweat was my only option. No one will ever know or care when the paint is on.

Where did you get those patch panels for the trunk gutter area going up to lower window?
Nice project.

Auto Transport Service
Back