• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner engine call out

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
I’ve seen ads for 70 Road Runner engine call outs, the engine size that goes in the back of the 70 bulge and they say doesn’t fit if it has turn signals.

Why is that? The length seems similar to me. If they’re actually different what is the difference?

My car has turn signals in the power bulge.

What size do I need?

Thanks

I can't see that there's be a difference, the castings without turn signals still have the same sized insert area for the call out.
Without
upload_2021-2-12_17-5-14.png

with
upload_2021-2-12_17-6-22.png

Great

if I can find that seller tomorrow I’ll ask what they are smoking and why they think that.

I think I have one with a "440", is that what you need ? If so, I'll scrounge my garage shelf, if I have it, it's yours.

Ok, I'll get in my garage this weekend and look for it. I had it before I changed my hood to an A-12 type.

My experience is that they are the same for cars with and without turn signals.

Here is a picture of mine during construction.
IMG_3692.JPG

My experience is that they are the same for cars with and without turn signals.

Here is a picture of mine during construction.
View attachment 1068483

Thanks that’s what I always assumed and thought Hawk. Looks great too.

Is that your original or a repo? If so Do you like the quality? And what supplier?

Thanks that’s what I always assumed and thought Hawk. Looks great too.

Is that your original or a repo? If so Do you like the quality? And what supplier?
It's a repo, and I am very happy with the quality. Hmmm. now supplier is a bit more difficult. Let me see if I can find a record of that. I know I have it somewhere, but it is in one of those frighteningly high stacks of receipts I try to hide from the wife!!!

I have found them at year one, one of their ads was the one that has the mistake actually.

If you find you got it elsewhere I may go that route too.

Or maybe their part isn’t correct.

Ok, I'll get in my garage this weekend and look for it. I had it before I changed my hood to an A-12 type.

Got it the other day. Much appreciated Rob !!

Can’t stop looking at it, so pretty. Car jewelry haha.

Will be on the hood this summer.

Out of curiosity does Anyone else remember the aftermarket ones that said 440+6? I think from year one maybe others

They weren’t correct but were cool. I think +6 was a different color than the 440 lettering

Out of curiosity does Anyone else remember the aftermarket ones that said 440+6? I think from year one maybe others

They weren’t correct but were cool. I think +6 was a different color than the 440 lettering
I never saw the callouts that read 440+6, just the ones that read 440; if memory serves they were a brushed aluminum color. I wonder if a decal was added with just "+6" to a stock one???

I never saw the callouts that read 440+6, just the ones that read 440; if memory serves they were a brushed aluminum color. I wonder if a decal was added with just "+6" to a stock one???

No they were available from aftermarket in late 80s or 90s.

Not a home project. Should have bought one. They looked really cool.

No they were available from aftermarket in late 80s or 90s.

Not a home project. Should have bought one. They looked really cool.
Yeah, it's a shame. After I posted I did a quick internet search and found nothing like that, so likely you won't find one unless it comes up on eBay or something...

Auto Transport Service
Back