• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner Paint suggestions

Relax360

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys I will be painting my 70 RR this year and I wanted some feedback. I am either going to paint it the Original FE5 red with V21 stripes (painted on) or go with a black paint job with an off white or prehap gun metal stripe. has anyone seen a black RR with white stripes? my concern is I dont want it to look like a scunk. Been trying to find pictures of white stripes but not too many out there. Any thoughts?

View attachment 97451
Hey Guys I will be painting my 70 RR this year and I wanted some feedback. I am either going to paint it the Original FE5 red with V21 stripes (painted on) or go with a black paint job with an off white or prehap gun metal stripe. has anyone seen a black RR with white stripes? my concern is I dont want it to look like a scunk. Been trying to find pictures of white stripes but not too many out there. Any thoughts?

if you are changing colors and looking at black paint i would go with a black stripe. I couldn't find a 70 but this is the idea. black stripe on black is amazing looking in person. the hood stripes were painted on from the factory but were a matte finish as opposed to the gloss of the body paint and they really pop and will look way better than a white stripe on any car (sorry just my opinion but you know the old disclaimer about opinions)

red is an easier color to keep clean, black shows everything... couple guys on here have done the black w/flat black stripe.. looks good IMO

I agree with tallhair and 99ss black paint with flat blk stripe does look good,imo id go that route.

As far as what I've read only flat black hood stripes come with the V21 option (from the factory) however I have seen them both white (on a pink car) and gold (on a purple car with gold dust trail & rear stripes) but I'm 99% sure only flat black was factory.

Factory was Black only you are correct Beeper, but I was just thinking about what color I would do if I did go black. I plan to paint the stripes on so I havent work out how tough two shades of back would be.

Here's Matte Black stripes over Gloss black on my bird. Should give you a general idea. Picking out paint is tough, know the feeling. Good luck!

wq.jpg

wq.jpg

Personally i would go red.I've had 3 black cars with black interiors and they're friggin hot inside the summer.

Auto Transport Service
Back