• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RoadRunner - Door won't Open - HELP!!

Roll down the window and fish a coat hanger with a small hook down the latch side of the door. Shine a flash light down the crack so you can see what you are doing. You will see a latch on the back side of the striker with a small ball on the end of it. This is where the linkage should have been. Pull it or push down... I can't remembered which way but I think it is up and the door should open.
Step by step instructions! Do you know me. Hahahahahahah Thank you loads!

Friends of mine coined the term almost 40 years ago, one had a 1970 Nova that did the same as my 66 Belvedere, just a normal random thing.
I haven't had this happen in over 30 years, but remember it well.
Chances are the nylon clip lock post through the lower window support simply parted, going the way of all plastics.
I replaced mine with a metal bolt, wrapped in teflon tape where the stress rides, this on a 72 Dart, no problems in 8 years with this repair.
The window support post is about 7/16 nylon, you might be able to center drill it and put in a smaller metal bolt to restore it.
Best wishes and happy motoring.
Thank you. Haven't decided on bolt fix or not yet. One step at a time for me. Thank you very much!

I'm smitten with your go-to-itiveness.

Dammitall, Dolly Parton just came on the radio singin' "Joshua",

Plymouths just have a sense of humor and will push you to your limits to see you beg, rant, curse, seems like its just before a show, mine pisses me off. But I love her. Like a wife...ugh

Plymouths just have a sense of humor and will push you to your limits to see you beg, rant, curse, seems like its just before a show, mine pisses me off. But I love her. Like a wife...ugh
The difference is that at least you know the Plymouth is just "funnin with ya",
not against ya.
The Plymouth wants to take you home, where a wife wants to take as much as she can get.
Sorry to be so honest but experience is a cruel University.

Guys, I am LMAO! Truly a wonderful and entertaining bunch. And smart and helpful too! What more could I want! Feel grateful for all the interest in my problems. I have a feeling my Plymouth is going to beat me, abuse me, and even make me write bad checks. Or is that my mouth is going to write checks my *** can't cash? Maybe both. Will keep you updated on progress. At least post some pics of the Limelight beauty. Oh and I am changing my profile pic to me in 1970's.

Any RR pictures?
worthless_thread.gif

O.K. Almost afraid to come back without Pics. Photos will come Thursday. Long story. OK, I rejoice, door is open! Ordered plastic rivet to attach window to bracket. Is there a bushing/grommet that fits hole in glass? The hole seems a little large for plastic rivet. Have detail in YearOne that calls out rivet but looks like it uses a bushing/grommet. There is a Window regulator arm fastener listed but it has the look of a snap on washer. Have two window rivets on order. Thanks all. Photos will come, I promise.

O.K. Almost afraid to come back without Pics. Photos will come Thursday. Long story. OK, I rejoice, door is open! Ordered plastic rivet to attach window to bracket. Is there a bushing/grommet that fits hole in glass? The hole seems a little large for plastic rivet. Have detail in YearOne that calls out rivet but looks like it uses a bushing/grommet. There is a Window regulator arm fastener listed but it has the look of a snap on washer. Have two window rivets on order. Thanks all. Photos will come, I promise.

It is a plastic rivet that is a window stop. I had to replace one in my 69. Looks like this:

fd9066.png

Available here:

http://www.mrmoparts.net/window-glass-rivets-62-72-a-b-body/

Sweet ride - glad you got the main problem under,the belt - at least the door is open.

Auto Transport Service
Back