• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RoadRunner w/diesel!

ok slick...let ME educate you....i was one of those kids in the 80's beating the hell out of their 1970 roadrunner....yes...i had one when i was 19.....and like a dumbass i WRECKED IT....( it was wayyyyy more built than the one you see to the left)...SOOOOOOOOO,,,for the past 30 years i have been kicking myself in the ***....for being such an idiot and wrecking the car i loved more than life itself. so ...i bought this purple one you see here. you need to remember...in 1980 ...a 70 roadrunner was only 10 years old....but now...theyre 42 years old....big difference......and destroying one is...is,.,,,is......IS JUST WRONGGGGGGGGGGG....SO VERY WRONGGGGGGGGG.

( this message has been brought to you by the stupid asses like me that should have and didnt take care of something then,,,that they have wanted back for so very long)

lets all sing!

You know, when i first saw your car with the "plymouth" on the side ... i thought the same thing. but i kept it to myself. i did not go on a rant.

i am a purist, do i like this guys diesel, nope, but i moved on with life did not need to waste my time.... but now i just had to step in. you may not like what people do with their stuff, you just have to let it be and relax.

At least someone besides me thinks those late model Jeep wheels are appropriate on our cars!

I wonder what size torsion bars he's running.....2.0" ??

That thing looks photoshopped look at the angle of the motor it looks like it would break the front u joint at the angle,

That thing looks photoshopped look at the angle of the motor it looks like it would break the front u joint at the angle,

That is not photoshopped, I took the pics yesterday morning. I saw this thing with my own eyes, it runs and drives.

You know, when i first saw your car with the "plymouth" on the side ... i thought the same thing. but i kept it to myself. i did not go on a rant.

i am a purist, do i like this guys diesel, nope, but i moved on with life did not need to waste my time.... but now i just had to step in. you may not like what people do with their stuff, you just have to let it be and relax.

im not sure why me having "Plymouth" on my car has anything to do with anything. was that supposed to be some kind of " shot" ? its there because i want it there,,,,and going on a rant is the furthest thing from my mind when i wrote that. did i destroy my car with a decal?....NO did i cut into precious mopar metal doing so?....NO . PERSONALLY I DONT THINK THE DUDE WITH THE DEISEL RUNNER KNOWS WHAT HE DID....the only thing he actually did was make my roadrunner more valuable...and everyone here that has one also. these cars are dwindling by the day. and destroying one is like destroying a vintage WW2 aircraft. will i lose sleep over this?.....NO this is a discussion forum...a big reason why i joined this site... we are "discussing"....i think you just take what people say to heart...maybe not but im NOT here to be your enemy of anyones enemy for that matter....and taking cheap shots at my car tells me alot about your personality and mentality.

I think it's cool. It's different, It's his and he drives it! Most mods can be reversed. Depends how much work you want to put into it. A lot worse has been done to Super Stockers over the years. I look at it this way, I'd prefer that car to one that's been rebuilt from nothing more than a fender tag and a piece of cowl.

I really like the Plymouth on his car-To be honest was thinking about doing the same-

I'm wondering if it has 2" torsion bars! Its my plan to get an older diesel in my fleet for the coming zombie apocalypse [Or any apocalypse for that fact!]. Todays gas will all be bad in a year. You CAN MAKE diesel! Also store dry batteries, and liquid acid. Learn how to re-wind an electric motor. This will help you after the EMF pulse from the 'nukes, or solar flares that could wipe out the worlds electric grid for years! Yes, I think about this stuff. No wonder I cant sleep. Now, back to writing my manifesto!

That's good engineering making it fit, I would love to take it for a spin. Diesels are good engines, my Chevy conv van is diesel along with my Hummer H1.....

This is this guys car, he can do what he wants with it, I would not, but being a free country, which we all love, it's his choice not ours.

ok slick...let ME educate you....i was one of those kids in the 80's beating the hell out of their 1970 roadrunner....yes...i had one when i was 19.....and like a dumbass i WRECKED IT....( it was wayyyyy more built than the one you see to the left)...SOOOOOOOOO,,,for the past 30 years i have been kicking myself in the ***....for being such an idiot and wrecking the car i loved more than life itself. so ...i bought this purple one you see here. you need to remember...in 1980 ...a 70 roadrunner was only 10 years old....but now...theyre 42 years old....big difference......and destroying one is...is,.,,,is......IS JUST WRONGGGGGGGGGGG....SO VERY WRONGGGGGGGGG.

( this message has been brought to you by the stupid asses like me that should have and didnt take care of something then,,,that they have wanted back for so very long)

lets all sing!

Really though, pull the motor, buy a new hood, buy a painless wiring harness, and you can drop a bigblock back in. That car is extremely saveable.

Did ya watch that series, Jericho, when it was on the idiot box a few years back? Ironically, the main character drove a 69 RR in it, and I think it was one of the few cars that still ran after the nuke war.

I'm wondering if it has 2" torsion bars! Its my plan to get an older diesel in my fleet for the coming zombie apocalypse [Or any apocalypse for that fact!]. Todays gas will all be bad in a year. You CAN MAKE diesel! Also store dry batteries, and liquid acid. Learn how to re-wind an electric motor. This will help you after the EMF pulse from the 'nukes, or solar flares that could wipe out the worlds electric grid for years! Yes, I think about this stuff. No wonder I cant sleep. Now, back to writing my manifesto!

Neat engineering, but nothing I'd do to an old RR. Not sure why the owner didn't pick up a 4 door pile or something like that to start out with for his Frankendiesel?

Interesting project, I suppose. He won't be pulling 10's in that car any time soon...man that's a 3-71 jimmy...they ran a whopping 110 HP at about 9000 rpm....

To each their own...what ever blows your hair back...beefing up the front end to handle a 1500lb motor would be interesting though....

Not knockin' it but whoa......
They weigh that much? Heck, my 6BT Cummins is only 900....

im not sure why me having "Plymouth" on my car has anything to do with anything. was that supposed to be some kind of " shot" ? its there because i want it there,,,,a
To each their own....the guy obviously wanted a diesel there in his. :headbang:

Wonder if he tried to get that GIANT FAN to work but gave up lmao, although I personally would never do something like this and would think that only a tweeker with no teeth would if it runs and drives hey wtf? lol get's ya to the mini mart for some moonshine and back to the farm for some serious drinking why not. crazie ole' booze getter and pass some Harley's and smoke them out while your at it lol. too funny..Thanks for sharing

They weigh that much? Heck, my 6BT Cummins is only 900....

Hey Cranky...no I think they were close to 1000 lbs, my exaggerated point was that the guy didn't build the car to be a quarter mile monster....likely playin' around...

It's HIS car and I applaud him for thinking out of the box and actually finishing a project which is more than most of the keyboard cowboys will ever do. There's nothing on the car that can't be changed or reversed back to original. Who knows, maybe he'll get sick of it and put it up for sale. All the prissy purist won't want it and I'll buy it on the cheap and hack it up even more. I'd love to gut it, cage it, put in a 6.1 with big twins and a water to air intercooler that fills the rear seat area and go Maxton Mile racing with a superbird clone. Nothing has killed aftermarket development and kept the Mopar hobby stuck in the 80's like the purist.

Auto Transport Service
Back