• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR clone

sneekyrat

Local time
1:11 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 1970 Plymouth roadrunner clone (aka satellite)
I need help with the engine wiring from bulkhead, I've installed a Edelbrock pro flow 4, headman long tube headers, flow master super 40 mufflers with 3 in ...new upper and lower ball joints all tie rods..
My issue is I have no clue which wires go to oil pressure, coolant, alternator also I want to eliminate the ballist resistor, the pro flow 4 has it's own harness that runs the distributor and all of it's sensors including the new fuel tank with internal fuel pump... I've looked at some schematics but can't make sense of blueprints lol

Srry here is a engine compartment pic. Before I added the Edelbrock ECU... still need a shorter belt this engine and trans came out of a 77 New Yorker and had ac which I removed and had to relocate the 100 amp alternator

CamScanner 11-11-2022 21.22_1.jpg

I know nothing about fuel injection..... but.... I recommend you start with a factory wiring harness & a factory service manual & modify the wiring as needed for your fuel injection (assuming some wiring harness isn't available off the shelf????). As far as eliminating the ballast resistor, in general, you take the brown (start) hot wire and blue (run) hot wire coming out of the bulkhead harness connector/wiring that go to the ballast resistor, splice them together, and connect them to the blue (single ballast) or blue & brown? (dual ballast) wires that would normally come out of the ballast resistor....just splice past it like it was never there. A 1970 Satellite would have come single ballast...one blue in, one blue out. CORRECTION - brown&blue in, brown out. Splice those together.

Last edited:
You can start by downloading the wiring diagrams for your year model. This covers all 1970 Mopars, Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth. You will have to open the zip file and sort it out and find the Satellite schematics A and B.

This is something I just did to help you. The colored wires are the ones you need for the engine harness side.

70BelvedereGTXSatelliteRoad RunnerA.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome thanks Beep Beep this will help a lot, I'll post more pics later as I get further along

Hey you sneekyrat, are you trying to get away without introducing you car to the site? LOL

Be sure to post some pics and tell us about your ride in the New Member Introduction section. Your B-body will get the attention and welcome it deserves around here.

Welcome aboard! You’ve e come to a great place to get all the help you need.

Srry here is a engine compartment pic. Before I added the Edelbrock ECU... still need a shorter belt this engine and trans came out of a 77 New Yorker and had ac which I removed and had to relocate the 100 amp alternator

View attachment 1371916
Out of curiosity....WHY are you using a GM alternator? Mopar had high amperage alternator, like a Leece-Neville unit. A FSM for your year model of vehicle will provide a wealth of information.
BOB RENTON

Hey you sneekyrat, are you trying to get away without introducing you car to the site? LOL

Be sure to post some pics and tell us about your ride in the New Member Introduction section. Your B-body will get the attention and welcome it deserves around here.

Welcome aboard! You’ve e come to a great place to get all the help you need.
Well to be honest I don't have but a couple pics at the moment which are my profile pic. (On her way home from Idaho) and my engine pic I posted

Out of curiosity....WHY are you using a GM alternator? Mopar had high amperage alternator, like a Leece-Neville unit. A FSM for your year model of vehicle will provide a wealth of information.
BOB RENTON
Actually it is a Chrysler alternator it's the factory alt that came in the donor car (a 1977 Chrysler New Yorker) I just swapped the bracket from the stock with ac to non ac

Auto Transport Service
Back