• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR Pedals. Spring?

A70Runner

Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
I’m changing my 70 Road Runner to manual brakes. What is this spring for? It doesn’t show up in any pictures or diagrams that I’ve found. Car is originally a 4-speed Power Disc car. Thanks!

IMG_6457.jpeg

Looks like a bandaid for a clutch issue the car might have had at some point.

I'm really surprised by people not knowing about that spring.... It's factory.... It hangs from the pedal box and attaches to the dog bone of the power brake linkage....

I couldn't find decent picture... I did find a picture where someone drew it in...

brake-Linkage.jpg

My 70 pd brake charger has a spring on top that hooks on b pedal . All original

I'm really surprised by people not knowing about that spring.... It's factory.... It hangs from the pedal box and attaches to the dog bone of the power brake linkage....

I couldn't find decent picture... I did find a picture where someone drew it in...

View attachment 1615349
yep what he says

Nope, never see one. Why would it need to be drawn into the factory assembly diagram?

Nope, never see one.
I'm surprised... Seems like you've worked on some pretty un-molested cars.. It's only used on Power brake cars, but I would think the Superbird is power discs?

I'm surprised... Seems like you've worked on some pretty un-molested cars.. It's only used on Power brake cars, but I would think the Superbird is power discs?
Well when I get it back from cut and polish I'll stick my head up there, but I still state "why is it not in an assembly diagram" ?

Well when I get it back from cut and polish I'll stick my head up there, but I still state "why is it not in an assembly diagram" ?
I have no idea, but I have it on both my E bodies, I've seen them on probably twenty plus B bodies... They are original... They cut a groove in the dog bone for it & there's a double slot in the pedal box for the other end...

Thanks Dave, looking at that I've got to question what it would even do.. .other than an anti-rattle that I'd never hear over the engine.

Thanks Dave, looking at that I've got to question what it would even do.. .other than an anti-rattle that I'd never hear over the engine.
Yeah, it's just supposed to prevent rattling that I've never noticed being a problem... But the original question wasn't "Do I need this" It was more along the lines of is this original & what does it do? Well.... It is original.... And it doesn't do much....

And its PITA is get off when your under the dash

Auto Transport Service
Back