• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR V-Code in the weeds Not mine... but who knows?

sam dupont

Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
For decades I've known that a friend of mine had a blue V code four speed road runner when he was a kid. East River farm kid who could, and can put away some beers. How we survived big block molars and partying, I don't know. He sold it long ago after he pulled the motor and sold the intake assembly. I assumed the car is long gone because he lives 200 miles from where he sold the car 30 years ago. I'm talking to him on the phone the last night and he says: "yeah, the guy who has my old Road Runner says he wants to sell it back to me". It has been setting for all this time. I asked him why in the world wouldn't you want your high school car especially when it's something like that?

He said: "They are bringing stupid money and I don't want to put out all that money into a shell". So naturally I asked how much does the guy want for it? He said: I don't know, but it's going to be too much. The used car salesman that's an all of us makes me want that car, but the friend in me wants him to have that car. He has a built Corvette and a 460 in a '57 Ford Fairlane and they're cool... but a 70 V code car? If it were me, the Vette and Ford are gone, or whatever I have to do to get the RR back.

He just retired, has a paid for acreage, and will inherit his folks' three 1/4 sections with wind power that pays $15K rent per year, each. He should not worry about the cost of a V code car, I told him. Not sure, but the long block and trans may still be with it.
It's in northern Iowa, which means: if it is outside, the humidity has rusted it to death. But still...
I'm going to call him and either talk him into buying it, or brokering it for me. I don't care the price, I'll find a way to get it into my stable.

I'd love to have my 1st 68 Charger R/T, I had in HS back
I bought in 1974... unfortunately, it will never happen
I sold it some 14-15 years later, in 1989 to my older cousin Joe
& he totalled it (it went to the crusher) in less than 2 weeks time

to the OP
I hope he gets the car back & finishes it
gets it back on the road after all this time

For decades I've known that a friend of mine had a blue V code four speed road runner when he was a kid. East River farm kid who could, and can put away some beers. How we survived big block molars and partying, I don't know. He sold it long ago after he pulled the motor and sold the intake assembly. I assumed the car is long gone because he lives 200 miles from where he sold the car 30 years ago. I'm talking to him on the phone the last night and he says: "yeah, the guy who has my old Road Runner says he wants to sell it back to me". It has been setting for all this time. I asked him why in the world wouldn't you want your high school car especially when it's something like that?

He said: "They are bringing stupid money and I don't want to put out all that money into a shell". So naturally I asked how much does the guy want for it? He said: I don't know, but it's going to be too much. The used car salesman that's an all of us makes me want that car, but the friend in me wants him to have that car. He has a built Corvette and a 460 in a '57 Ford Fairlane and they're cool... but a 70 V code car? If it were me, the Vette and Ford are gone, or whatever I have to do to get the RR back.

He just retired, has a paid for acreage, and will inherit his folks' three 1/4 sections with wind power that pays $15K rent per year, each. He should not worry about the cost of a V code car, I told him. Not sure, but the long block and trans may still be with it.
It's in northern Iowa, which means: if it is outside, the humidity has rusted it to death. But still...
I'm going to call him and either talk him into buying it, or brokering it for me. I don't care the price, I'll find a way to get it into my stable.
Hello Sam
I have to agree with you on the V code Roadrunner. To me the 6 pack roadrunner has always been my dream car and no ford or Chevy would ever do .
Maybe, your friend will rethink about it and buy it back or let you have a shoot at it . Good luck!

If he's waffling on it, follow every lead and jump ... it can pay off. They don't all sell for "stupid money".

Auto Transport Service
Back