• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

#1 Son is 41.

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
No I didn't give him a car, but we've been going through where everything is, spare parts and car specific data. Gotta have the talk sooner or later seeing he's now 41 and I'll be 62 in 13 days... considering my old man kicked it at 59. I keep putting it off as I don't want to jinx him until I know he's been given a clean bill of health from his thyroid cancer surgery last year. I made the mistake of putting our Northern camp in Daughter #1's name originally and most know how that went sideways in a hurry. Well that and I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the Bee just yet and he may not want it if he actually knew where he was conceived... :lol:
FB_IMG_1710088609602.jpg

Been wanting to do this with my son. I feel he has no real interest in the Bee or the charger Im doing now. Ive had the Bee for over 5 years and he still hasnt driven it yet. Happy B Day to your son Wayne.

At some point Dave direction is good... it's just how to approach it. I still have my unfinished 6" chopped '77 Ramcharger in the yard because when the Son was 14 and we moved down the road I asked him "do you think you'd ever want to finish that" and he said maybe! 27 years later.. LOL.

I'm pretty sure he'll be generation 3 on the Bee... this shot tells it all.
beeandhp2cruisedaryljuly32022 054.jpg

I'm just not sure I'm ready to give it up just yet. Daughter #2 likes driving the Swinger and her husband the '64 Dodge. We all need to sit down one day and hash out what's "to go" and what's to stay. In reality there is no rush, I may be gone but considering that both of the Wife's parents are still with us, and self dependant, and her Father's Father lived to 98... she'll get to make the calls and sell what she needs to pay the bills.

Last edited:
The daughter is 46 and the
son is 42. It's the daughter
who tries to contest most
as to what I'll leave behind,
but it's the son that helped
me build 'em.

Happy Birthday to him!!
I've had my will changed so many times, it's written in pencil......... Good luck with that!!

Yes, happy birthday to him !
The wife and i have made things pretty straight forward and simple.
Our wills each leave everything to the surviving spouse.
If we were to pass at the same time or the survivor is incapacitated. Our two children are on a 50/50 split.

Happy birthday to your son Wayne. We all hope the younger ones will continue the hobby. My daughter is 22 and my son is 20, so not time yet. Maybe in 20 years we will have the very same chat you are contemplating.

Happy B Day to your son. My dad died when I was 14. He’s lucky to have a cool car dad.

I recommend checking with "POP-POP'S LIL GIRL" (muddy puddle jumper Grand Daughter) first!! lol lol
Happy Bday young man & NO CANCER!! WAHOO!!! ENJOY LIFE!!!!

Happy Birthday to your son. Getting things hashed out is super important. Glad you have a plan going.

very cool of you, my sons are 38 and 34, time sure flies. happy birthday to your boy.

Happy Belated Birthday Son of Wayne Rightful Keeper of Bee!
It's good to be prepared Wayne, and have some what of a plan. But I'm thinking you'll be turning wrenches for some time to come. But better safe than sorry I suppose.

..and our youngest is 36 today. DAMN I feel old.. but I guess it's a good thing that I was only 26 when she was born!
20240323_191227.jpg

Start young and move them out. Mine is 50.

Auto Transport Service
Back