• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 Satellite Front Fender Removal Question

Vent wing would be easiest to find and replace, but I've been able to get in through them without breaking them.
Try removing the screw on the vent wing hinge. That should let it move enough to get the latch off and get your arm in.
I'd soak the screw in wd40 for a while first.

That title thing is a bitch. Any car I consider, that doesn't have a title in hand is considered a parts car until proven otherwise.

...at least you got $900 worth of parts, or close to it.

They assured me at the Junkyard I wouldn't have any trouble getting a Title, They sell cars as "Builders" all the time and there was actually 3 other guys buying 'em ahead of me (I kept asking questions and a guy behind me buying one was like "Just jump through all the hoops and your good").

I called yesterday and got the Manager who couldn't assure me it wouldn't be a salvage title (They don't run history checks apparently), Until I said I ran some VIN checks and they came out clean, Then she said I should be fine on getting a clear title.

On the site they claim not to judge the appearance/operation and such of the car, Just the vin tags and history, But I also read somewhere they do check the blinkers, headlights and back lights (All work!).

Just have worry in the back of my mind that they could be lame and salvage or title it badly for some dumb reason.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/salvaged.html

My vinaudit.com and NMVTS paid history reports (done after purchase and junkyard paperwork) show No problems found through the list of 62+ records, Including Salvage, Rebuild and Junk.
Last title was issued in 1976, Same State.
I'll have More answers in about 3 hours when I can call the DMV and State Patrol.

PS: Is there any other VIN check sites I should use? Or are the above about as good as they get besides the state DMV or SP?

I went through that with a Motorcycle, It wasn't in the system, all I needed was the signed paperwork. For my car I almost had to go to Highway patrol for the inspection,One of the vin letters was marked as a B instead of an 8. But an older DMV employee came out with a form that basically said all the info was correct to the best of my knowledge. All I had to do was sign it.. Funny no one else in that office knew about that form.

Well I'm trying to stay positive about it, But its killing me not knowing and having to wait.
Phone calls were a no go, Everyone ended up being closed for the holiday already besides the junkyard/wrecker~And the lady who did my paperwork at the wrecker wasnt there to answer my questions.

Found this on the DMV site:
http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/replacetitle.html
Don't think/know if it would work for my situation though.

@ YY1: Is it really only worth that much as parts? I was under the impression it was worth alot more even if it was a only shell or roller. :icon_eek:
Certainly don't see any B-Bodies driving around up here, Or see many at all really. Last one I remember was a fully restored charger at the local classic car dealership several years ago. Not cheap to say the least. Heh.

Lots of non-show quality or extremely rare cars are worth MUCH more in parts than as a whole car.

If you can't get a title, you have basically, either a race car or a parts car.

A 68-70 Charger is worth MUCH more than a Satellite of the same year, umless the condition or options combo is stacked very hevily in favor of the Satellite.

Here's a subjective parts value list-

running 318/727- $300

doors (no rust) $200 each
fenders (no rust) $200 each
quarters (no rust) $600 each (unless they get ruined during removal)
complete green bench seat interior $500
8 3/4 axle (non SG) $150-$250
Bumpers $150 each if nice
flat hood $50
grille (not broken) $150 and up

etc...so you can probably get your money back if you can't get a title.

If someone wants to use it for a starting point for a drag stip only car, I don't know.

You can try Mainely titles, but it's about $1000 after everything is done, and you still need that police inspection.

Interested if you want to sell it without a title or papers. Im in oregon so pretty close.

Dont want to sell it, Just though it was worth more even as-is. The only other for sale right now "In the area" (Way far away from me) is this: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3471516207.html
Same options as mine, Just in better shape of course.

Like I said I was willing to pay the original asking price of $1299 even if it had major issues because I thought it was worth alot more being almost entirely complete with matching numbers, was running and driving and looked like an awesome project. I know it's not in Charger/GTX/Road Runner, Etc Territory. But you just don't see them around here much at all.
Replacement parts sure seem to be damn expensive too, heh.

Even if you guys don't think it's worth much, I love it!~So :frog:
frog.gif
:frog:
IMG_20121219_145814.gif

Found a local guy with a Dart who is telling me about a local Mopar Group, So I'm going to look into that here at some point when I get the title and reg nonsense worked out, And the car in a more presentable and useable shape of course.
OH, And
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

We're not saying it's not worth very much, just that without a title, it's not worth as much as a whole car as it is in parts.

http://collectorcarmarket.com/menus/pl70d.html

2dr Hardtop 1025 1425 8575 13925 21500
4dr Sedan 500 1750 3500 5850 9125
4dr Wagon 800 2925 6000 8875 14250

Add:
383-290hp (8cyl-2V) 10%
383-330hp (8cyl-4V) 20%
4spd manual trans 5%
Air conditioning 10%
Power windows 3%
Deduct:
3spd manual transmission -10%
Manual steering -5%

Dude, thats a sweet car. Jump through the hoops, get the title and enjoy the hell out of that car. But the hub caps gotta go!

Haha, I was surprised it even had the hubcaps~Seems like cars are always missing 1 matching hubcap, Or matching rim/wheel and cars this old dont usually even have them at all around here. But yea, New wheels and tires on my list for a later time.

I'm jumping man, I'm just a worrier I suppose.

And thanks for the link YY1, Was not aware of that site. Lowest number is a parts car and highest is fully restored/pristine I assume?
I've got Air + Ducting and Power Steering.
Interesting numbers on the wagons as they have much lower prod numbers don't they? Just not as desireable I guess.

I'm pretty sure my "Tapping" is a lifter and/or cam lobe and I need to get this title stuff done before the 4th~So I looked into my options and found a great one in "Doug's Affordable Towing" Doug himself said normal rates are $69 hook up on Flatbed, $3.50/mile, And $1.50/min wait around. But, Since it was 44miles round trip he would wave the wait time at the VIN check place and call it an even $200. He has 24 ratings all 5star on google + Pics of GTO's and Ambulences on tricked out heavy duty late model Flatbeds. Not too mention he replied within a few hours via E-Mail on Christmas Day.
Other options were like $350 round trip before wait time cost, Flatbed costing more. Or U-Haul Equipment... Or drive it over and Kill the Engine (No Thanks!).

Looks like this the way to go for now. I just Pray I don't have any Title issues or weirdness at the VIN Check.

Aother option would be use Doug one way and use AAA on the way back. Let's be honest, an AAA membership will be pretty handy once you get her on the road lol

Hit another Major Snag, I'll be making more phone calls this morning...

I've got 2 paid online VIN checks, Both entirely clean, Last Titled in this state.
I've got a guy from the DOL/DMV who ran a check on his end, And it came up with the same clean results. But this man also claimed the State Patrol cant change the Brand/Title Status which I believe is false.

I've got the PickNPull I bought it from not giving me any clear indications on anything, Other than they dont and can't brand or mess with the vehicle history. Then claiming a Salvage Title "Isn't a Bad Thing", Where the DOL/DMV Website says make the vehicle un-driveable on the street and basically a parts car.

I've got a snooty State Patrol woman saying the car WOULD be a Rebuild Just because it came from a Wrecker. And don't buy from a wrecker in the future.

How can you issue a Rebuild title for a Running, Driving and Complete (Besides very few missing Trim, Badges and Grill pieces)?!
The freaking Title as still, As it sets this very moment, After the wrecker submitted all of there end (Confirmed by DOL/DMV Check) Is clean as a whistle...

I want my Clean Title to stay Clean, For crying out loud why is this so hard to do?!!!. I don't get it, Honestly.

Auto Transport Service
Back