• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-2 vs.73-4 door handles

1ol74charger4me

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Since I can't seem to find a definitive answer if they are the same, can someone tell me if there is there a difference? I can't see one and I have 2 brand new ones, listed for 71-78 I would like to use, but some places list them seperate.

71/2 is different than 73/4 mainly where the rod connects
First is 71/2. 2nd is 73/4

Attachments

• DCP_9514.jpg
    DCP_9514.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 215
I see the difference, but I would think it's just a matter of replacing the plastic rod guide, right?

I see the difference, but I would think it's just a matter of replacing the plastic rod guide, right?

Thats what it looks like to me. Same size hole, flat side not recessed, outside appears same shape, mount bolts same place. Actually looks like interchange from side to side.:thinker:

Sorry guys I screwed up. The first pic are both 71/2's. In the 2nd pic, the left one is 71/2 and the right one is 73/4.
They take a different rods. Can't remember for sure but think the 73/4 handle won't fit the 71/2 door. Hits the mounting bracket. Might be visa versa.

Hard tro tell in my pic but the arm where the rod goes is longer on the 73/4's. The plastic rod connecter is available at most parts houses. There is a left and a right same as the rods.

Thats what it looks like to me. Same size hole, flat side not recessed, outside appears same shape, mount bolts same place. Actually looks like interchange from side to side.:thinker:

Handle itself is the same for both sides. The rods are right and left.

Oh, I can see what you mean about the arm being longer for 73/74...it looks like it's about 1/2 inch longer then 71/72...I'd guess that you could make a 71/72 fit without issue, but it might be difficult to get the mechanism to work correctly without some fiddling around.

I think you can go with 71-2 in a 73-74 but the 73-74 don't fly back to 71-2.

Auto Transport Service
Back