• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD `71 383 3 spd Super Bee Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt1

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Another 1 I dragged down from the north! I was actually seriously thinking about keeping this one and restoring it myself because there's something about a car that still has it original engine that makes me respect it that much more. I've decided to sell because I need to stay focused on several other cars that I have more interest in and there's just not enough room in my shop for all that I thought there would be.
This is 1 of 203 383 3 spd stick Bees made in `71. The fender tag is currently missing(previous owner swears he should still have it somewhere but I'm not holding my breath) but I have two build sheets and here are some highlights.
GY9-Dark Gold Metallic W/out vinyl top
Y3-Light gold vinyl bench seat interior
V21-Hood perf treatment
V6X-Longitudinal sport stripes in black
B41 & 51-Power front disc brakes w/10" rear drums
D53-8.75" w/3.23 one legger
W21-14"Rallyes
M26-Wheel lip mouldings
R11-AM Radio
F96-Oil pressure gauge
G36-LH Remote painted mirror
There are several things residing in or on the car which are not on the sheet, such as a tachometer and a passenger side painted mirror and hood pins. There is a parts car that is alleged to be an R/T that came with this car so some of these parts could have been transferred over to this Bee back in the day or the car was just built this way and the options weren't on the sheet, who knows! Car is also wearing black paint but there's a lot of dark gold showing through. Clear title, vin tag matches the stamped body numbers on the cowl and the core support and still has the vin decal on the door along with 2 original build sheets. The #'s matching 383 was transplanted into another vehicle and was rebuilt at some point in the past and I have some videos of it running in that other vehicle which I will post up soon. The original 3 spd is long gone too(go figure!)but one will be included with it that seems to be in good working order and I think it's from a `72 or `73. I don't have the bell housing or the drive shaft for it just the gearbox and shifter mechanism. The engine is bolted in place for easier transport. Here are a few pics to get started, I will add the videos and a bunch more pics in a photobucket link later today or tomorrow.
This is a true rustbelt survivor of a project but isn't too far gone by any means. It will likely need some patchwork done on some of the frame rails in the rear and on the torsion bar anchor but that's what parts cars are for!
Speaking of parts cars, there is one available at an extra cost that would make a great doner for this Bee. Whoever buys the Bee will have first crack at the parts car, More on that later.
I plan on putting this on Ebay this weekend, probably Sunday afternoon but if somebody came up with $6,800 for The Bee I would sell it before the auction starts. After the auction starts there will be no "Buy It Now" price.
$8,000 gets the parts car and the Bee. The parts car has less rust, even the trunk floor has no holes in it and it is just a rolling shell with no doors or fenders on it.
Cars are located in the Detroit area and you must make your own shipping arrangements although I can refer you to someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the parts heap...in pics 6 and up.

Attachments

• IMG_0064_1.jpg
    IMG_0064_1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 3,431
  • IMG_0065_2.jpg
    IMG_0065_2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,291
  • IMG_0067_3.jpg
    IMG_0067_3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3,323
  • IMG_0070_4.jpg
    IMG_0070_4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 3,445
  • IMG_0071_5.jpg
    IMG_0071_5.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 3,225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 3,222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 3,219
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 3,247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3,225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 3,230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 3,228
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3,205
Another one that found you matt.Hope you get it sold.That hood alone is worth it's weight in gold.

Thanks RoadRunnerman, and the hood is in really good shape, no rust holes!

How much for the green machine in the background ??

:headbang:

Mike..

Good luck on this Matt! Seems im just to far from you, what now,,, 3 times! 68 GTX, 70 RR and this... you rent a room out to me in the new garage? :) Good luck bud you sure do find some cool cars, That C body i particularly liked to.. I think your keeping it..

How much for the green machine in the background ??

:headbang:

Mike..

Asking 48K for it. Its a real painted bumper N96 car with build sheet but not original drivetrain. Fresh resto!

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck on this Matt! Seems im just to far from you, what now,,, 3 times! 68 GTX, 70 RR and this... you rent a room out to me in the new garage? :) Good luck bud you sure do find some cool cars, That C body i particularly liked to.. I think your keeping it..

Thanks Ron, I Appreciate it. That Imperial's not going anywhere, in fact when all is said and done I Wouldn't be suprised if its my favorite car!

Dude, you are the ultimate 'hunting dog' of cool MoPars... :hello2: Not the 'bow down' icon I wanted, but another nice find. Think you can hook me up with a '69 Bee 4 speed project!? Lol. Got nice trade bait!

Once i was finished getting all the money together for my next project id be all over something like this. Mainly looking for a 70 Runner or Charger but i love the 71s also and wouldnt hesitate for a minute to jump on something as sweet as this. Theres been a guy in a really clean gold 72 Charger stalking me from gas station to gas station around here recently and seeing that car really turns me on to this body style. Pics are good but in person its a whole different vibe, very sexy cars indeed. This ones an awesome project, im sure it'll make someone proud! Good luck!

Dude, you are the ultimate 'hunting dog' of cool MoPars... :hello2: Not the 'bow down' icon I wanted, but another nice find. Think you can hook me up with a '69 Bee 4 speed project!? Lol. Got nice trade bait!

X 2.. About any Mopar one would like... He keeps me on my guard, hes just to dang far away from me... Or i would have had that 70 RR, and id be thinking hard on this one lol, like i said Matt, you do keep me alert when i see your user name in this particular part of the site, i have to take a deep breath before entering "the Zone" :)

You are not too far away from me Ron, I could get you a car delivered for around 5 or 600 bucks, maybe less if you're not in a hurry. You're in PA, right?

You are not too far away from me Ron, I could get you a car delivered for around 5 or 600 bucks, maybe less if you're not in a hurry. You're in PA, right?

Yes sir i am! Maybe ill get a shot at one some day.. I will sell my Ram! Ill trade the Ram.. if i find the right car, i think you know which one that is.. but the 71-72 Charger is there to, just last on my want list..

Price reduction, I'd like to move these, $7,600 obo for the pair. I need the room badly!
Oh yeah, bell housing is now included.

That looks like a great car in Ohio Matt, There are a lot of color combos that would look beautiful on this project. I wish you luck in this sale, bump for a real nice project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back