• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 383 wagon

lake71383

Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
My project is my 71 satellite wagon, the same one I have in the welcome wagon. So for the people have not seen it. It is a 71 wagon with a 383 that I got from the orignial owner. It had been dry stored for 16 in the garge. It will be a slow project but I will posted as I go. Let know what you think.
DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0171-1.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

So there is the wagon.

looks pretty rust free, always wanted to build a sleeper out of one of those, good luck.

Making a sleeper out of it is my plan. I what to put a set of rally wheels on it and lower it and leave the rest stock, and some day build up the motor to eat foriegn car.

I think wheelies would be my goal.

what could be cooler than a big ole wagon with the back tires wrinkled and the drivers side front tire up off the ground?

:grin:

Making a sleeper out of it is my plan. I what to put a set of rally wheels on it and lower it and leave the rest stock, and some day build up the motor to eat foriegn car.

just dont lower it too much ...please

Yeah cause too low aint good for wheelies... :grin:

"beast wagon"

I can see it now!!

i know this is something down the road yet, but have you thought what color you are going to paint it,original or something that stands out?

Sorry for taking so long but it was a long week at work. But now to answer some of your question. I think I'm going to keep it green, and I'm only lowering it about a inch to inch and a half. It is now home to and I got it runing. I'll post the pics this weekend.

I like those old wagons a lot! Personal preference makes me like them more than their coupe brethren of the same style.

AWESOME WAGON. I just put its twin up on jack stands in my garage... OK, mine's a '72, it's not a Satellite Custom, and it's a small block car. But it's the same color, and looks verrrrry similar. I just got my '74 Satellite wagon on the road too. I'm deep into wagons. Deeeeeeep. If there's anything I can do to help you out, let me know.

Thank man. I'm also a big wagon fan as well. Yeah and after being store for 4 months I'm finally starting to make progess and hoping to have it ready for the road this winter.

Looks like its in real nice shape, dashboard even looks great! Good luck with it, hope you don't lower it to much... :)

NICE.

I'm getting ready to pull my '72 Satellite Custom wagon out of storage, so I can start working on the New Hemi swap (have a totalled '05 Magnum R/T donor car). I've had mine for about 20 years; originally a 318/904/factory 8.75 3.23 SG, currently a 360/727 with the same rear. Ran low 13's with it in college on street tires and pump gas, and we drove it from MD to Key West over and over again for breaks to boot. Same color as yours - F7 Sherwood Green.

I need to get it out of storage and get some photos. Moving it to my new garage in the next couple days anyway, just have to remember to bring the camera :)

Neat wagon.
All the side moldings are tough to find and are part of the Satellite Custom model.
I know I had a hard time locating any good used ones and only one NOS tailgate molding so far.
Any of the wagon related parts are scarce compared to the coupes.

If you are dropping the front end,make sure you redo the alignment since turning the torsion bars down changes camber.

Here's my 73 318/3 on da tree waygun
waygunwheels003-1.jpg

Alright after seeing every buddy post on here, has finally got me motivated to post my progess of my build and post some pics. Ok to start I finally got it home and got it running and I redid the brakes all the way around, I also replace most of the front suspenion because most of it was shot. It is now mostly road worthy I'm still working out some of the bugs, like the noisey valve train, witch my friend said is normal I found that odd. It is a blast to drive, and I love to drive it because it piss off all my neighbors, because the exhaust is cut off right after the trany. Now for the pics.
DSCF0183.jpg

it coming home
DSCF0187.jpg

the big block
DSCF0190.jpg

my scary jack stands
DSCF0189.jpg

the front brakes

Ey Yi Yi..
I would swap out those front drums to disc in a hurry.
Our wagons are not light and the disc brakes will give it the whoa factor.

Auto Transport Service
Back