• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71/72 Road Runner trunk lid vs 73/74

Midnight_Rider

Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
My body guy wanted me to find a different trunk lid for my project 71 RR, to see if we could avoid time-consuming ($$$) rust repair on the inner lip area.

I have a line on a nice 74 trunk lid. Seller says the difference is the key lock. Google says the late deck lid will also not have the provisions on the underside to mount a spoiler.

Can anyone confirm/deny or possibly add to these differences? New to Mopar stuff, any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Correct.
73/4 has a larger lock cylinder and no cutouts for wing brackets. Cutouts are easy to do on a 71 b. Most people won't notice the lock cylinder.

I think the lock issue is a early/late 73 thing like the spring eye and LBJ screw/press issues.

My Satellite and a 73 Charger I used to have both had the "standard" small trunk lock.

I have part of a 74 Charger deck lid that does have the large lock.

Auto Transport Service
Back