• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 Air Cleaner Temperature Sensor removal procedure

paulie-rt

Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
A few months back I posted a 'Wanted To Buy' thread for an air cleaner temperature sensor for a 1970-76 dual snorkel that I purchased, but was missing this one piece. I just found it today, purchasing an air cleaner from a '71 Fury in my area.

My question now is " Does anyone have a clue how it is held in place ? I need to swap it out to my Dual Snorkel. If anyone would have the procedure in a Service Manual that would really help a lot as I don't want to break any retaining clips on this impossible to find part.
I've searched high and low for a diagram on this but only get pictures of the replacement sensor and nothing else.

Thanks all !!

IMG_6261.jpg IMG_6262.jpg

Those are push nuts.. Designed to only slide on not back off... Carefully work on them with a small pick, pulling the barbs away from the nipples...

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 5.10.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 5.13.51 PM.png

Nice to know replacements are available. Thank you as well !
With that company you just have to buy $30 worth of them...:lol: Try a Good local hardware store they can sell you 2 of them...

With that company you just have to buy $30 worth of them...:lol: Try a Good local hardware store they can sell you 2 of them...
When I removed these two retainers I rocked them upwards and moved them up slowly side to side till they slipped off so if I just press down the tabs slightly they'll still be in useable condition.

washers.jpg

On a different note, I don't know why these sensor assemblies aren't reproduced anywhere. At least the housings for them. No real demand for them I suppose.

sensor 1.jpg sensor 2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back