• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger parking brake return spring source

70chall440

Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
I pulled the parking brake out of my 71, soaked it in evaporust which did a great job, however during this I discovered that the return spring was broken. Does anyone have a source for a replacement?

IMG_6608.jpg

look at Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, Or just about any hardware store. they have a selection of springs that can work.

look at Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, Or just about any hardware store. they have a selection of springs that can work.
Have you replace this spring with one from a hardware store or are you assuming that there is one there?

Have you replace this spring with one from a hardware store or are you assuming that there is one there?
I have done many different ones. You just have to look for yourself and compare.

I have to admit that I have not looked around all that hard just yet but will, just thought it was worth asking the question before hand.

It seems really similar to many rear brakes pads return springs. Dunno about size thought. But I don’t think is really critical try to get something similar and not an exact one.

as mentioned, mostly sure some hardware store will source something that will work. That’s posible even in Venezuela LOL, so why not in USA?

I was able to get back to this problem of the broken spring, I decided to disassemble the parking brake and see what I needed. After doing so, I cannot figure out where this spring would connect, anyone out there have a parking brake assembly available that they can look at or take a picture of?

IMG_7197.jpg

I was able to get back to this problem of the broken spring, I decided to disassemble the parking brake and see what I needed. After doing so, I cannot figure out where this spring would connect, anyone out there have a parking brake assembly available that they can look at or take a picture of?

View attachment 1459622
Not a great reference photo but hope it helps. I guess I do not have one out of the car.chargeremerg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back