• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger SE build

After.

IMG_0441.JPG

Do you cut out , and replace the whole piece from another car or patch and repair ?

Damn looks nice !

Do you cut out , and replace the whole piece from another car or patch and repair ?

Damn looks nice !

Yes cut sections out of the parts car to fix the tough areas like the pillars, straight areas it was easier to make them.

Cool project...did you blast the inside before the epoxy?

There was some heavy surface rust on the drivers pan that I wire wheeled and put a coat of Rust Bullet on. The rest was scuffed real good with a red Scotch-Brite then epoxy.

Yeah I want someone to be able to use the rest of it, nice frame, rockers, and 8-3/4 drum to drum. Heck the left quarter is usable. Even has a title...

Engine compartment striped to bare metal and epoxy primed.

IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG

I could use the entire drivers side inner and outer rocker panel for the 71 Charger R/T. If I was closer,that would be on my trailer,and we would be drinking some beers for sure.

Nice progress you’re making! I have to make the same repair on the left side a-pillar of my road runner. My first car was a ‘73 Charger SE. Whish I new then (1991) what I know now!

She is getting straight. Lots of blocking now.

IMG_0616.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG

Nice progress you’re making! I have to make the same repair on the left side a-pillar of my road runner. My first car was a ‘73 Charger SE. Whish I new then (1991) what I know now!

Yeah a-pillar rust sucks!

@Crackedback made them for me years ago.
How tall are your dollies with the wheels, and do the front or back have a cross bar, and would you have them higher or lower than yours, given the choice?

Making my own. Nice progress on your project, I’m sure it’s going to come out amazing!

They are about 18" Easy enough to add a cross bar, just an L bar bolted to one dolly bolt on each side. Another foot would be nice for working underneath. Now that I have a lift that won't be a problem.

While my body guy wears his arms out blocking the car I started working on the mechanical stuff. Stripped the rear end and started cleaning it up. I had a good 741 3.55 sure grip lying around so in it goes. Axel bearings were in great shape. New lines, wheel cylinders and 7290 yoke fro Dr Diff. I went with 11" x 2 1/2" I had over the stock 10" ones. A piece of 1/2 pipe works great to drop the third member on the case. Hoping the Harbor Fright recall stands don't collapse under the weight!

IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

Frick!! Never thought of using a bar like that to drop in a 3rd member...:D

Some great progress...:thumbsup:

Rainy Veterans day off so I started reinforcing the k-frame and lower control arms.

Will run 1.03 torsion bars, QA1 upper arms, 1-1/4 Hellwig sway bar, and a Firm Feel stage 3 steering box.

IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back