• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger SE build

Man do they look good going back together, sweet Charger:thumbsup:

Just buttoned up the front suspension and brakes today. Rear drums got a splash of red on them so you can see it through the slots.

IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1527.jpg
IMG_1530.jpg

Finished the rear brakes. Installed the rear sway bar and shocks and now its sitting on tires for the first time in over a year.

IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg
IMG_1536.jpg
IMG_1537.jpg

Suspension is hanging, when on full weight it will flatten out.

Finished up the front of the engine and started working on the getting the front finished. Installed the condenser and did the black out. Now to get going on restoring the grille and bumper assembly.

IMG_1542.jpg
IMG_1543.jpg

20210522_111417.jpg
20210522_131726.jpg
20210522_155949.jpg
Looking sweet,nice work. Today I just got my rust free Arizona 71 Charger R/T out of my friends storage trailer,and brought it home.

I'm going to build it,but the 4 speed N96 71 Charger R/T that I bought the fender from you for is for sale.

Some little things. Restored the headlamp assembly and polished the stainless rings. Got the headlamp wiring in and the relay harness with the relays tucked behind the left lamps. License plate assembly done.

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg
IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg

I love the R/T taillights on 71 Chargers. They have so much detail to them. I even put them on my 73 Charger along with the hidden headlight grille!
20210524_202959.jpg

@T2R9 : Rear bumper AMD? What are you using for wire harness & radiator?

Rear bumper is the original rechromed by Tri-City. Wire harnesses are M&H from Year One. The relay harness I made myself. I do have a AMD 71 rear bumper that's going on my 74. It is very nice.

The radiator I want to use is on back order. 2 1" row aluminum from Auto City Classics. Top tank is the most stock looking I have found in an aluminum radiator.

Auto Transport Service
Back