• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Roadrunner 383 Automatic-Gas

RR71RR

Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
I’ve had this 71 RR for all but 7 months now. I’ve been using Super unleaded 93. I recently found a Non Ethanol gas station and filled the tank. It seemed to
run a lot better. My question is, do I need to add anything to the gas. Someone told me to add a little 2 cycle oil. Doesn’t sound right to me.
Also: The seller I purchased the car from had no info on the motor or what was done to it over the years. The engine is the original 383,727 Auto.

IMG_7328.jpeg

No. Also, you can check the engine pad on the right side just above the oil pan lip to see if it has a VIN stamp.

However, a zinc additive is recommended to the oil. That's a beauty of a car you got there !! More pics !

However, a zinc additive is recommended to the oil. That's a beauty of a car you got there !! More pics !
No. Also, you can check the engine pad on the right side just above the oil pan lip to see if it has a VIN stamp.
Yes, I did see the Vin stamp on engine and it matches.

IMG_7316.jpeg

IMG_7576.jpeg

IMG_7577.jpeg

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_7614.jpeg

IMG_7634.jpeg

IMG_7675.png

Nice car!

Even in this day and age, VW Beetled find their way into pictures!
:D

Yes, very nice 71 !
About the fuel.. non alcohol is better. It is less harmful on the fuel system soft parts on these cars.
It does not draw moisture, it does not boil as soon as the mix fuel.
But , you need enough octane to prevent detonation. If you have a non alcohol premium available that's the stuff you want.

Auto Transport Service
Back