• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 RR Clone... and so it begins...

Took a few pics today to chronicle some of the work.

Car's so fast, it blew it's own door off.. :)
IMG_5385.JPG
IMG_5386.JPG

New fan shroud arrived today. Installed and now we'll see if this shitty flex fan will cut the mustard. IMG_5383.JPG

Engine clean up is coming along. Carb, coil, water pump, hose clamps,.... baby steps. Just trying to clean up everything i touch.
IMG_5382.JPG

Ah, the infamous GY8 gold paint on the inside of the door.
My 71 Clone runner was that color when it was born.

Yep. She was gold on day 1. Then blue. Maybe one day when I've run out of things to do with the car I'll remove these other colors and see how she looks in GY8

Don't be surprised if there are more colors. :) I had a 73 Roadrunner in the late 1980s. It had a horrid tan paint job, and there were some chipped areas. I started sanding the chipped areas to smooth them out so I could repaint the car, and as I went through the tan paint I saw green, then blue, then red, then blue again, then I hit stripe, then brown, and finally primer. That car had six colors of paint on it, and they had painted right over the Roadrunner stripes! I ended up having to take the car all the way to bare metal and start fresh. Lot of work, but I probably took a hundred pounds or so of paint off. :)

Received the used battery tray today... primed and sandblasted while on lunch, then final top coat tonite after work.
IMG_5389.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back