• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Satellite Roadrunner--For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey Everyone!! I am selling my mom's 1971 Satellite. First off, pictures will soon follow, just have to get them from the camera to here. It is a 2 door hard top and blue in color. 318 and automatic. It is in good enough condition after a brake bleed and other minor maintenance from sitting for a period of time to be a daily driver and looks great going down the road. It will fire right up and go. Typical minor rust on the rear quarters.

Probably one of the nice things about this car is the interior has been updated with black on white ROADRUNNER interior and emblems. White bucket seats and automatic console floor shift. It is a nice project car to convert to a Roadrunner or whatever you choose. Interior is real nice and clean with no rips or tears. Good clean car.

It is located in Council Bluffs Iowa--next to Omaha and would need to be trailered to your destination.

Asking $4000 to start, but not an expert on the true value. Basing the initial price on some of the lookers versus the basket cases with thrashed interiors on EBAY.

I will do my best to answer all questions asap. Thank you.

Pictures coming shortly!!!

additional picsa

additional pics

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,422
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,474
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,450
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,414
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,382
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,433
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,398
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,410
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,458
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,445
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,420
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,401
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,417
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,422
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,399
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,389
Additional Details:

1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring, 318 automatic, runs and drives, air (not working), original paint, front bucket seats re-covered, newer carpet, Roadrunner interior, owners manual, service manuals, original window sticker. Needs: Steering gear box leaks, needs brake and exhaust work. Needs the driver door hinge rebuilt. Car should be trailered.

Also has new door sills in package (don't really need them though)and new trunk carpet in box.

Does your mom know your selling her car??LOL Nice car if I had a garage with a bigger bank account!!!!

Yep, she just doesn't understand there are other outlets that are more useful for selling a particular car. Also, for people that look at the car for sale; how does it fare on price. That is if you are not interested in it but just looking at it. Interested parties may have a skewed opinion of the asking price. Thanks for everyone's input in advance!!

Looks and sounds like a good deal for the price. Would make a decent good gas mileage cruiser with the 318, but that is also a drawback. What is the mileage? How long has it been sitting(inside/outside) and why? Motor/tranny issues? Since you have window sticker, are you(mom) original owner? Does it have a fender tag? Any under hood, hood hinge, door hinge, frame rail pics? If rust in these areas, since not a true roadrunner, buyers will shy away.

Also... any bubbling under vinyl top?

Unsure about the mileage. Since the whole dash cluster was changed out the true mileage is unknown. Gonna see if the old dash cluster is still around. That would give the actual mileage plus I am guessing 200 additional miles at most on top of that since the cluster was replaced. It has been stored inside for the past 10 years even when it was driven periodically during that time. My mom has had it for at least 10 years and have a huge shop/outbuilding that keeps the toys and projects out of the weather. So in short it hasn't been outside in the rain and snow under a tarp or anything like that. I will check on any rust issues in the areas you stated and look for a fender tag. The car is about 6 miles from where I live just hard to even break away to get out there. I will make time to do that tomorrow and get more pics. Not the original owner, just one of the nice things to have with a car (original sticker). Thank you for your input!!

Listed on EBAY now under item number 270765694265. Hopefully this will help with being able to see supersize pictures of the car.

My mon had one identical to this, except blue interior, when I was little. We sold it to one of my dad's friends son and he got t-boned a year later and the car was totalled.

Too bad you ebay'ed it. I don't do ebay. I could have been tempted to make a deal.

My mon had one identical to this, except blue interior, when I was little. We sold it to one of my dad's friends son and he got t-boned a year later and the car was totalled.

Too bad you ebay'ed it. I don't do ebay. I could have been tempted to make a deal.

Looks like he got a deal on ebay, sold it for $550 more than he was asking here. ebay helps people get the most out of what they are selling. I really don't know how people restored cars with out it. Wasting alot of time at swap meets i guess. Anyway looks like both parties did well.

Except mine was gray with black interior, my first love, was exactly the same as this. Thanks for the photos and I was very tempted to trade in what's left of the 401k to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back