• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 sattelite dash swap...HELP....

74 sundance:
Thanks....4 your help...i'll look forward in seeing those pics...thanks..

......oohh...great.... thanks........VERY...VERY......HELPFUL....THANKS........

How did your swap go, looking to do the same in a 71 satelite, mine has all the wire still in cluster!

- - - Updated - - -

The ralley dash has all the wires also, just to be clear!

take in mind, 71s got diff wiper switch plug setup and prongs disposition... same wires though

curious, does anyone have the pics for the back of a tach or clock cluster?

Didn't see it above- the biggest challenge (although it's pretty easy) is extending the wiper switch wires.

I found a car with the same switch connector, cut that off, and I'm splicing extensions in with spade lugs going ito the original connector, so I don't have to cut it off.

There's a three into one orange light connector on the non-rallye dash that's only using one connector, that will help with adding those lights.

I'm moving pretty slowly, bit I'm taking pics as I go.

Actually, I was wrong about the biggest challenge- what it really is is pulling all those pins from the round connector and deciding if you're going to cut them off, which is kind of a point of no return.

I looked around but couldn't find bullet connectors the same size, but I did luck into a mid 70's van cluster at a u-pull and got the circuit board with the pins cheap. I'll just remove those, and solder on extensions.

Holes and terminals on the back of the cluster are labeled for wire color.
As stated before 71 has a different wiper switch than 72-4 but Rallye cluster has different w/switch than standard cluster.

Attachments

• DCP_8035.jpg
    DCP_8035.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 226
  • Wiper switches 71-4B (2).jpg
    Wiper switches 71-4B (2).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 242
This is how I did my extension, I also used bullet connectors and just plugged them into the round plug.

IMG_7757.jpg

That's what I'm doing to mine.

What size bullet connectors fit the round plug?

I've been looking all over.

Did you find some that work? I just opened mine up a little with a small screw driver until they fit snugly.

Did you find some that work? I just opened mine up a little with a small screw driver until they fit snugly.

No, but I found a van at a u-pull and got the PCB that has the proper pins on it.

Haven't done anything else since (2014).

No, but I found a van at a u-pull and got the PCB that has the proper pins on it.

Haven't done anything else since (2014).

It's been about the same for me! bought a rental property and moved to a small town! 5 years of renovations later I am finally back on the car!!! :) Hopefully you can get back to yours too.

I actually think I'm going to keep the sweep speedo.

It's easier to read and my eyesight is not getting any better.

However, I may prototype a conversion harness extension since how to questions come up every now and then and rallye harnesses are still in demand.

I actually think I'm going to keep the sweep speedo.

It's easier to read and my eyesight is not getting any better.

However, I may prototype a conversion harness extension since how to questions come up every now and then and rallye harnesses are still in demand.

That's a good idea. Let me know when you have one ready and I put it in my car and review it for you on my YouTube channel.

Auto Transport Service
Back