• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 sattelite dash swap...HELP....

challengerz

Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
can someone please.. HELP ME...i got a 71 satellite that i am doing a dash guage cluster swap from a roadrunner doner,but from the back everything looks different the one from the roadrunner DOESNT have the cuircuit board on the back the conections on the guage cluster are different,can someone help me out with this task.what i need or how to do the conections ....please help someone ???

no,it had the regular dash in the satellite,thats why i wanted to go with the ralley dash out of the RR.

You're either going to have to find a wiring harness from a rally dash car (preferably 71 due to year changes) or chase wires, add pop in light sockets and hook the wires individually. A later dash harness will work, with a little attention to where the wires are going, but it's a whole lot easier than trying to run the wires you have.

It's not so bad....All the wires have the same color code.....you will have to add extra orange wires to make up for all the lights that the Rally cluster uses and also get more bulbs and sockets..The only issue is there are 2 black wires and I forget which one go's where but some one on here will have a wiring diagram....I might have a pic from when I did my swap...I'll let you know after work today.

yes..i am going to need the wiring diagram,if you can send me the pics later that would be great...cause yes iam going to have to do thatfiguire out the wires,now the orange wires for the dash lights would the pics show me where they go?

yes..i am going to need the wiring diagram,if you can send me the pics later that would be great...cause yes iam going to have to do thatfiguire out the wires,now the orange wires for the dash lights would the pics show me where they go?

I'm looking for the pic's rite now.....I forgot to tell you that you won't even need to cut your harness, just go out and buy bullet connectors(the Male end) they will plug rite into your round style harnes plug.

74sundance

nice...thank.you..i'll be looking for them pics...and thanks for the info.....and can i get the bullet connectors at the local auto zone ?? thanks again... you can e mail them to my e mail [email protected]

69, check your e-mail, i sent a scan of the wiring diagram from a '71 rally dash. You may have you check your spam folder with the user ID I have :)

.....thanks...it helps a lot....74sundance did you found the pics of your dash swap ?

Still looking, I have a few hard drives :) I keep pic's of every thing I do so it might take a day or so lol.

74 sundance
it help in a way but it does not show the actual back of the dash and its connections....

Still looking...this is driving me nut's..I must have them in a different folder than I thought????....Well I just so happen to have a 74 Runner dash I just finished a full resto on so I'll dig out the camera and snap a few pic's of the light placement for you..The rewire is really easy so even if I never find the pic's you shouldn't have any problems.Like I said before it's just the 2 black wires I forget how to run but when we get to that point I'm sure another can member help us out.

Auto Transport Service
Back