• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 window trim clips

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
For a 71 B, is there a difference between the front and rear trim clips?
Reason asking is first, I have new front and rear glass. The glass was put in when deployed along with the trim clips.

Second: I tried to put the rear trim on but it won't go on. The rear glass looks like it's not centered properly. Too much gap from one side to another

Third- I also notice the rear doesn't have the little spacers in the bottom of the window channel, which I think it's not centered.

I'd like to know because IF the glass has to come back out, I'd like to have the right clips :BangHead:

Thanks!

The ones I bought for my 71 from DMT were two different part numbers for front and rear.

The ones I bought for my 71 from DMT were two different part numbers for front and rear.
Thaks:BangHead:. If I have to pull the glass, I hope they're different or might just order new ones just in case

I also can get you the size of the lower spacer. Pretty sure I have on on my work bench still. I will check in the morning.

I also can get you the size of the lower spacer. Pretty sure I have on on my work bench still. I will check in the morning.
Thanks!

They are 7/16" deep, 1" long and 5/16" high where the glass sits to give you a pattern to start with.

They are 7/16" deep, 1" long and 5/16" high where the glass sits to give you a pattern to start with.
For the rear or front? Thanks!

I have used the same on front and rear without problems

:realcrazy:
I think the rear will have to come back out. Something isn't right. Hoping to get someone over to look at it

After reading this thread, I sent Jim at DMT an e-mail and asked if there was a difference.
Here is his reply.

1656066453191.png

After reading this thread, I sent Jim at DMT an e-mail and asked if there was a difference.
Here is his reply.

View attachment 1303456
Thanks! I don't understand what Jim is saying "Woulda been to long a name to have one kit for frt OR back" but whatever. I'm glad to know that though. That eliminates that part then as to why the trim won't go on. That's telling me the glass is setting in the channel off center or wrong.:BangHead:

Yeah I took pictures comparing them last night and they are the same. Was the glass set with butal or urethane? Glass guy used urethane on mine and it was perfect.

IMG_2308.jpg

Yeah I took pictures comparing them last night and they are the same. Was the glass set with butal or urethane? Glass guy used urethane on mine and it was perfect.

View attachment 1303469
I'm notn100% sure but I did have the butyl call strip just like factory but I think they used urethane. Today's installers uses urethane and won't use the butyl. I'll have to look and check

I fit them once with butyl strip which was the factory setup on my first body job and when replaced the vinyl top afew years later used urethane... basically same job, no probs on any of both adhesives.

Has been told to me the butyl could get rusted the glass bed since it's a bit acid to the metal, while urethane not

I fit them once with butyl strip which was the factory setup on my first body job and when replaced the vinyl top afew years later used urethane... basically same job, no probs on any of both adhesives.

Has been told to me the butyl could get rusted the glass bed since it's a bit acid to the metal, while urethane not
IDK. I have 2 sets of trim, one being the originals, and neither will snap completely in. It would partially, then on part of it, 2 of the clips kept coming off of the little rivet, started working on drivers side side trim. Pn the passenger side, it wouldn't go in

Sounds like the gasket is to thick. The trim should angle towards the glass when snapped in, if that makes sense.

IMG_2312.jpg

I think the gasket is. Having someone coming over to look at it.

Auto Transport Service
Back