• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Wing Cars

Otr, I don't know. He said that he ordered a dvd from the internet that showed how the 71 wings cars were made. He said it took a lot of pages to go through on the net to find it. he call someone and they gave him a phone number to call. Now I'm not a fabacator. But this guy only smiled when I showed him what I thought. Again, I maybe the guinea pig here for the first one he does. and maybe its cheaper for that reason....I will say this again he is a Mopar man and is excited to be involed with this project. He said what "gary and pam and whom ever else did a great job and so can I"....

Any progress to report?

I looked but couldnt find the video anywhere. Does anyone have a link or the phone number? Thanks!

Any progress to report?

I looked but couldnt find the video anywhere. Does anyone have a link or the phone number? Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of post. I have not been to the shop for a couple weeks due to parents illness. I will add that I received the horizontal part of the wing from Ted in texas. He made the uprights first then we got the measurement for the horizontal . I also got fender scoops from him. Now this is not a conplant per say But, The wing cost an extra 400 then quoted. It took me a little off guard....He said it was because of the extra length of the wing. Thats ok but I hate those type of suprises....I am dropping the wing off this week and I hope to find some progress going on. Also The video came to the guy thats building and he said that it didn't tell him Anything that helped in the build He said 50 bucks for nothing.
Tommy

Sorry for the lack of post. I have not been to the shop for a couple weeks due to parents illness. I will add that I received the horizontal part of the wing from Ted in texas. He made the uprights first then we got the measurement for the horizontal . I also got fender scoops from him. Now this is not a conplant per say But, The wing cost an extra 400 then quoted. It took me a little off guard....He said it was because of the extra length of the wing. Thats ok but I hate those type of suprises....I am dropping the wing off this week and I hope to find some progress going on. Also The video came to the guy thats building and he said that it didn't tell him Anything that helped in the build He said 50 bucks for nothing.
Tommy

Thanks Tommy, Hope your parents get well soon. Keep us posted.

Hey all!!,,I have to say, been checking out a lot of threads on here and really like what everyone is doing with their cars,,I am really liking the ones of wing cars. Threw out my life I have had dealing with wings on my cars..The very first one was my 68 javelin when I was in my early twenties. I made it out of 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch plywood and screwed it to the quaterpanel,,with angle braces on top of wing. I know alot of you much be laughing about that,,BUT hey I was young and it worked,,I drove the car for some time like that and didn't have a problem..drove from the quad city area of Iowa down to St. Louis with it on the car. This was in the early 70,s. The secound wing I had,,well still have it. is one I biuldt when I lived in Az on a 69 superbee in the 80's . Have owned this car since 76 or there abouts,, it's been threw alot of changes and is now sitting at my brother's in Iowa,, it now has a 70 coronet front clip 68 coronet convertible center section with a 69 tail section,,with my home made wing,,with all flaired wheel wells and running boards and front spoiler all molded into a one peice body,,on a 4x4 ramcharger frame.. Have pictures of it on floppy dics and in pictures,,just trying to figure out how to put them on this computer. Now I am looking at putting a wing on my 73 roadrunner...Have the model of 74 that came with a wing and front spoiler,,i plan on biulding both,,but think the wing in the kit is a little too high. 001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Way to go 73rattler, When I was young I never thought about the wing. Now I see a wing on every thing I look at....lol

I just bought a 2010 challenger R/t and see they have a superbird kit for it. My wife would crap.... She loves/hates the satellite. Loves it because it drives/rides nice has a/c. Hates because people stare. I said wait till we get the wing on it!!! Well I now have to tint windows so people can't see her....

A update to the satellite, The guy Lee doing the work on it came and picked my wing horz up last week. He said that he was making progress. I will wait a couple weeks and see. I am not or tring not to be impatient. I do know that it sat for a month.... again we will see.

How is everything going?

Hey guys, I know its been a while, so I want to up date some. The shop is a hour drive away so I don't go there much....Anyway I called today for a update. Lee said coming along good . They made a wooden jig to help in making a fiberglass mold. He said that he was still making mine out of metal...I told him I was not pushing but did he have a time frame? He replied a month or less. Again I will wait and see. I know things take time but I'm a little yancieeee...... Sorry that there is not more to say.

I will keep it going when I hear more.

Tommy

Hey guys, While i'm waiting on car from shop. I've been thinking about engines. It is a factory 318. If I go to a big block will I have to change K member? Or just motor mounts? I know I need transmission for bb too. I all ready have the engine to make a 408 stroker. My builder said he could make it a milder cam for power steering and air.He says 450hp. I am a little new to this and need honest opinions. and remember a working mans budget.

Hey guys, While i'm waiting on car from shop. I've been thinking about engines. It is a factory 318. If I go to a big block will I have to change K member? Or just motor mounts? I know I need transmission for bb too. I all ready have the engine to make a 408 stroker. My builder said he could make it a milder cam for power steering and air.He says 450hp. I am a little new to this and need honest opinions. and remember a working mans budget.

No you don't have to change k frames just buy schumachers http://www.engine-swaps.com/ . But it would be easier with a BB k frame,71-72 for those years use the same K frame. You can use a k frame from 73-78 Cordoba,Fury, and other B bodies on 73-74 Charger or RR only.

Last edited:
No you don't have to change k frames just buy schumachers http://www.engine-swaps.com/ but it would be easier with a BB k frame. You can use a k frame from 73-78 Cordoba,Fury, and other B bodies
I was under the impression that with a 71/72 there was no need to change K frames? I thought that one just needs different motor mounts.
Is there a reason to go to a 73 up B body BB K frame?

I was under the impression that with a 71/72 there was no need to change K frames? I thought that one just needs different motor mounts.
Is there a reason to go to a 73 up B body BB K frame?

Yes the 71-72 is a little narrower and won't bolt up from what I was told.

Yes the 71-72 is a little narrower and won't bolt up from what I was told.
My understanding is that in 71/72 the K frames are the same for SB or BB, only the motor mounts are different. Pre 71 & post 72, the K frame is also different depending on whether it was a BB or SB.

I know on the 73-78 a BB will sit the engine 1 1/2 inches forward,plus sit higher. To be honest I can't say on the 71-72.

My understanding is that in 71/72 the K frames are the same for SB or BB, only the motor mounts are different. Pre 71 & post 72, the K frame is also different depending on whether it was a BB or SB.

I talked to a friend of mine last night and you are correct 71-72 is the same k frame. Thank you for letting me know learned something new yesterday

ok so to do a bb I need 72 bb motor mounts and isoloters? Thats what the schumachers web site was selling for 280 bucks..... A little steep I thought. I will check some others sights.

ok so to do a bb I need 72 bb motor mounts and isoloters? Thats what the schumachers web site was selling for 280 bucks..... A little steep I thought. I will check some others sights.

Yours is a 72? Yeah from what satman said just BB motor mounts and I wouldn't worry about schumachers.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks for BB motor mounts here in the classifieds

Im waiting with patience to see some pics.. It would have been so simple if Chrysler didnt bow down to NASCAR and stop making these cars. Pics Please!!

Auto Transport Service
Back