• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Wing Cars

This my pick! Thanks for the link, cool... I agree about Nascar, i don't even watch them any more for a number of reasons..

Petty Blue and 43 .. what an awesome combo. That color always reminds me of a Petty Blue 70 Superbee with the simulated hood scoop that ran around in the Effingham Il area, when I was younger / back in the 81-83 timeframe

Im waiting with patience to see some pics.. It would have been so simple if Chrysler didnt bow down to NASCAR and stop making these cars. Pics Please!!

fourforty6pac I am waiting nervously myself for pictures. I will post something good or bad.....soon I hope.

fourforty6pac I am waiting nervously myself for pictures. I will post something good or bad.....soon I hope.

This is my kind of build. In the In the mid 70's I picked up a wing and a nose from a junk yard. It layed around in my shop for at least 15 years. I wanted to try to make them work on a 71 RR or Charger but then someone made me an offer for it that I had to accept. If this can be done with a reasonable price tag I would probably give it a go. I have a stripped out Satellite that is just sitting in the barn collecting dust and pigeon crap waiting for some attention. Good Luck!

002.jpg003.jpg006.jpg005.jpg
Ok,,today I was working on my trans tunnel and had a time trying to decide how I was going to make the new cover,,soooo..I decided to take some time and do a mock up of the tail wing. I thought about curving it to follow the body line and flow with the over all design of the car. As you can see in pictures, the trunk lid angles out at the bottom when opening and hits the wing if it was leaned in a little. The hieght I have it at is 30 inches tall and if the wing is straight up the trunk lid will miss the wing and open all the way. That is if the wing is as far back as it is now and has enough roomfor your hand to close it without hitting the wing..BUT like I said,,IF the wing is straight up and down and not leaned in just a tad to more follow the slope of the quater panel, sloping it in seems to look a little better when viewed from the front and rear. the trunk lid just won't allow that,UNLESS,,I rehinge the trunk lid to slide rearward and open rear tilt. That is a possiblity,,but would have to wait till I have the car down at ride hieght to see how getting into the trunk would be from the side. Alot more thinking needs to go into this,,just don't know..have to look at other pictures of other cars again.

Cut the trunk lid to fit and add to the trunk opening! As long as you don't go over the framing and seals it should work and you'll get the desired look!

Hey guys, just a short update Talked to shop today nose frame is wielded should be puttin skin on next week. I will be heading down when he calls that he is making progress. Been a little slow but I should have knowed better. I will post pictures when I go. was hopin to get her for the spring shows ....... maybe fall..

Hello all wanted to keep this alive. Still no car.... Went and seen him a month ago said the nose frame was done but sent out to be Burnished??? Rust prevention???? I own a Hydraulic shop and we burnish cylinder walls...... Idk.. So I waited another month and called said he was getting ready to put metal on it any day. I think the guy is trying to make a living and do this on the side. Super nice Fellow. has had the car for over 7 months now. I am going to wait a couple more weeks and check again. You know the old saying if it sounds to good to be true? He keeps saying that I will be happy. I offered a little bonus for a faster turnaround and he declined. Said it wasn't about the money. What would you guys do????

Tommy

I offered a little bonus for a faster turnaround and he declined. Said it wasn't about the money. What would you guys do????

Tommy
That bit sounds good! It sounds like He's all about doing the job right. All the best to you Tommy.

Yea..... that's what I thought too. Was watching counting kars on the tube last night. A guy with a jeep in pieces wanted the count to help him out. Said that he paid another guy 7 g's to restore his jeep, never happened. the count said that that was common in this line of work. they take your money and run. Of course the wife was setting there on the computer and without looking up says " Does that sound famillar Tommy "

Well.... I got took. I knew it was to good to be true. The guy has had the car for 9 mth and did nothing but remove the bumper. He got kicked out of his shop today, by his landlord. I have called left mess. no return call. So the wife and I went yesterday and pick the car up. Lucky all of the car was there less the bumper. The wife went there today to pick the rest of it up. She said when she got there they was 3 other people waiting to pick there stuff up. When we was loading the car yesterday another guy stopped to check on his ride . It had been there for 2 mth just to get the timing set. He was coming back to get it later that day. What a con Man.... he got me for a 1000 bucks and 2 headlight buckets that he could not find......This project is not DEAD, I will go forward Just asking he is it possable to use a 1970 superbird fiberglass nose and cut it to fit the 71-72 car. This is out of my expertise and need input. any advise?
Man am I pissed.

Well.... I got took. I knew it was to good to be true. The guy has had the car for 9 mth and did nothing but remove the bumper. He got kicked out of his shop today, by his landlord. I have called left mess. no return call. So the wife and I went yesterday and pick the car up. Lucky all of the car was there less the bumper. The wife went there today to pick the rest of it up. She said when she got there they was 3 other people waiting to pick there stuff up. When we was loading the car yesterday another guy stopped to check on his ride . It had been there for 2 mth just to get the timing set. He was coming back to get it later that day. What a con Man.... he got me for a 1000 bucks and 2 headlight buckets that he could not find......This project is not DEAD, I will go forward Just asking he is it possable to use a 1970 superbird fiberglass nose and cut it to fit the 71-72 car. This is out of my expertise and need input. any advise?
Man am I pissed.

Damn that bites! Don't give up try contacting Dayclona and see if they have parts.

http://www.71wingcars.com/page.aspx?id=1

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm not sure if the '70 nose would fit though. There might be some shape issues.

Thanks Guys for the input. I knew that the 70 bird nose was a longshot. I live in rural part of ky not alot to pick from that can do this project ( that i'm aware of) Thought about running a craigslist want ad. for a fabucator BUT not sure Will keep trying!!!

Well I started last night on the car myself and a friend. We mounted the wing. We did a trunk mount. Here is a few pics of the progress. It took some time for me to get used to it. or maybe time to get used to the people looking...lol They look alot.....superbird 001.jpgsuperbird 002.jpgsuperbird 003.jpgsuperbird 004.jpgsuperbird 005.jpg

It shouldn't be on the trunk it looks too narrow. Send a Email to Dayclona.

Picture%20111.jpg

I didn't mean to put in a harsh way,I'm sorry for that. I am planning on emailing them about my Charger at a later date, after fixing a few rust issues.

didn't take it harsh expected it though. I sent a email a few mins ago to see what they have to offer. Cash is slim.
I didn't mean to put in a harsh way,I'm sorry for that. I am planning on emailing them about my Charger at a later date, after fixing a few rust issues.

It doesn't cost anything for it to sit there until you get the $$$$$. That is what my car is waiting on,to buy some tools that I will need.

Auto Transport Service
Back