• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 Charger project

the good news is...traction issues are a good problem to have if you ask me......it will only get better

Thanks guys....it was a fun day. Need to get the front turn indicators put in today. His best time was a 9.8 @ 74 with lots of on and off the gas trying to get it to stop spinning.

That's not too bad.Iguess you can try to go for more or just leave it and drive around in a great looking car.Either way i'm glad to hear you and your son had a great time.

That's not too bad.Iguess you can try to go for more or just leave it and drive around in a great looking car.Either way i'm glad to hear you and your son had a great time.

Thanks and very true...once he is away from the track for a bit....I'm sure his mind will go back to where it was

LOL.....at 17...could be most anywhere
he was pretty excited to be able to drive it over to the girlfriends last night

its been a while....thought Id give a quick update. We got the factory look repro tach and the 3.55 sure grip installed.....nice improvement, but still traction problems. Devin and I went to the Highschool National Drags at Milan, MI. Great weather and a good turnout. Devin borrowed a set of slicks from school.....8 X 28X14. only issue is he only had 5 inch rims to put them on....Still we had a great time. This was Devins 2 time to the strip.....need to still work on a few things....but he had a blast.
[video=youtube_share;3TeokXZsnRQ]http://youtu.be/3TeokXZsnRQ[/video]

he ran a 13.9 @ 100 Still couldnt floor it off the line....but it ran well. He had a great time!

That's not too bad of a time. Get some wider rims for the tires to give you a better tire print/grip and he might be able to get a better time. Glad he had fun though.

Well it was nice to finish reading this post, it is a very sweet looking car and congrats on a father/son project. Keep up with pics, lol

that build is epic nice work guys!

Great job, can't wait for my son to be old enough to get involved "must be fun".

Auto Transport Service
Back