• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 Plymouth Satellite project - Gone with the green!

Jim, Love your car and it looks very familiar to me for some reason. Question for you, is that a homemade stand to raise your car up like that so you can get your engine in going underneath? I really like that idea because you can just bolt everything in at once and looks to be safer from damaging your new paint. Car looks beautiful!

Thanks man! It's actually a production made hoist made by Rotary who also does the post hoists. And you can see there is a electric hydraulic pump to raise, all rated at 5k pounds! Works great in a small garage! Love that 72 also! Do you have some good pics for comparison??

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I just reached out to rotary for a quote on one of their low lifts. That looks extremely handy, thanks! I am in the reverse process of you right now so I don't really have a lot of pics to compare. Yours is much much nicer than mine right now. I have almost the exact same pictures you do of the interior though. I did that first since I was in a 1 car garage at the time. now that I have the space I am taking everything back out and going to paint it just like you did... well someone else is, I don't have the space or knowledge to paint yet. I really love this body style and love the EV2 paint. I can not wait to see yours done... and mine for that matter haha.

'72 Project

Finally getting pieces together of the dash! Cleaned up the ductwork and laid out the wiring harness. Got the original dash pad installed and got cluster mounted! Have some alignment stuff to work out but am excited to drop it in! Woo hoo!!

Back to sanding....

Is that the radio from Classic Industries? How do you like the fitment of it? I am looking at year one and Classic and have to say Classic Ind is looking a lot more affordable.

Actually the factory fit stereo is from Custom auto sounds @ http://www.casmfg.com/Mopar.htm

Model USA-230 Custom Autosound was 159$ through a dealer on eBay, this one has the aux in jack, they do have a USB one too for a little more, fits great and easy to wire! Will let you know how it sounds!

QUOTE="plymouthman72, post: 910441456, member: 14920"]Is that the radio from Classic Industries? How do you like the fitment of it? I am looking at year one and Classic and have to say Classic Ind is looking a lot more affordable.[/QUOTE]

Haha! Ya That lift is quite a few years old, I did see quite a few vendors for that type of lift at the SEMA show last Fall they didn't look as solid and lower lbs rating! Will see if I can dig up their info.

It sure is nice to see some empty boxes and zip lock baggies getting parts put back on! More pics to come!

Jimbo

I just reached out to rotary for a quote on one of their low lifts. That looks extremely handy, thanks! I am in the reverse process of you right now so I don't really have a lot of pics to compare. Yours is much much nicer than mine right now. I have almost the exact same pictures you do of the interior though. I did that first since I was in a 1 car garage at the time. now that I have the space I am taking everything back out and going to paint it just like you did... well someone else is, I don't have the space or knowledge to paint yet. I really love this body style and love the EV2 paint. I can not wait to see yours done... and mine for that matter haha.

Finally able to get those interior parts installed! Front and rear seats, center console, shifter. Still gotta hook up stereo speakers and misc. All that tedious resto stuff is finally nice to bolt them in!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Damn that looks sweet! Your seats look amazing! Did you get those covers from legendar? I got mine from year one and I can tell a noticable difference in quality and stitching just from the pictures. Right now I'm living vicariously through you until I can get to that point!

Haha! Thanks man!

Ya those are legendary covers, they are stiff and tricky to install! Reused the original front seat foam buns and new extra padding to fill everything in. The rear seats are new foam overall.

I bought them about 4-5 years ago, probably about 700$ish?

More fun!

Jim

Damn that looks sweet! Your seats look amazing! Did you get those covers from legendar? I got mine from year one and I can tell a noticable difference in quality and stitching just from the pictures. Right now I'm living vicariously through you until I can get to that point!

Much respect on all the work! Gonna be awesome when complete!

Getting the engine bay buttoned up and rechecking front suspension install! It's alive and it moves !! Hood install and some more bleeding of the brakes!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

It's been a couple of months but have gotten some miles in the Plymouth! Definitely needs a break from working on it but it runs!! Got some floor mats made and put new sill panels in. Still have some trim and wipers to put on! And got new mopar springs also! Woo hoo!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back