• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Road Runner wheels help

I will take 2 nd fiddle , I didn't look at the pic he posted. Very good , I like the look.
May I ask , what did you use for trim rings , regular 15 inch ralley wheel rings or something else ?? As I have said in the past a ralley wheel trim ring is different than a steel wheel trim ring , due to the size of the center part of the wheel. A ralley wheel center is 12.25 inches and a steel wheel center is 13.25 inches. Not to say they will not fit ( the ralley ring on a steel wheel ) they just don't fit as well as a steel wheel trim ring. Although I would be will to bet , Chrysler used the ralley trim ring when they supplied the wheels ( 450 steel wheels with dog dish and trim rings ) on some of the Challenger T/A and AAR Cudas.
Your car looks great with this wheel combination.

Frank. The Wheel Guy

I will take 2 nd fiddle , I didn't look at the pic he posted. Very good , I like the look.
May I ask , what did you use for trim rings , regular 15 inch ralley wheel rings or something else ?? As I have said in the past a ralley wheel trim ring is different than a steel wheel trim ring , due to the size of the center part of the wheel. A ralley wheel center is 12.25 inches and a steel wheel center is 13.25 inches. Not to say they will not fit ( the ralley ring on a steel wheel ) they just don't fit as well as a steel wheel trim ring. Although I would be will to bet , Chrysler used the ralley trim ring when they supplied the wheels ( 450 steel wheels with dog dish and trim rings ) on some of the Challenger T/A and AAR Cudas.
Your car looks great with this wheel combination.

Frank. The Wheel Guy
Thanks Frank. The trim rings are generic 15x2.5” from eBay. 15" 2.5" Deep Stainless Steel Beauty Trim Ring Fits 15x7 Rally Wheels | eBay

Ok , thanks , I will check that out.
I need to correct something in my last post. Chrysler did use the 15 x 7 ralley wheel trim ring on the steel wheels , for the T/A and AAR cars , because they used the band ( outters ring ) from a rally wheel with a 14 inch steel wheel center for the dogdish cap. Hence the 450 wheel.

Frank

Auto Transport Service
Back