• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite Gen III Hemi Restomod

Ok thats what I have so let me look
Do you have a loose black wire? Per the instructions, it's supposed to have one, but mine doesn't. Based on the LS version, it's supposed to come off the junction where it tees into the coil driver grounds. I pulled the sheathing back on mine and it isn't there.

Well yes I do but its a ground for the head. I was looking at the manual and looking for a wiring diagram but have not found one. I'd recommend visiting Holley's website and specifically their forum. You might want to call them next week.

Well yes I do but its a ground for the head. I was looking at the manual and looking for a wiring diagram but have not found one. I'd recommend visiting Holley's website and specifically their forum. You might want to call them next week.
Yeah, I have the ground wire for the head, but I think there's supposed to be another. Do you have 4 wires going into your relay? Sucks Holley is only open during the week.

Have you gone through the settings to make sure that the ECU is telling the pump to work? This is just a thought.

Ok so I went and looked at my harness and it has 4 wires

IMG_9138.jpg
IMG_9139.jpg

Because of the dead end on the starting, I worked on my exhaust. It went well until I realized I ran my tank grounds right where my exhaust is supposed to be. Also my fuel lines were laying on the exhaust. I think I've got just enough slack to pull them out of the way. Not ideal though. If I had to do it again, I'd be adding a bit more slack.
1000001716.jpg
1000001718.jpg
1000001719.jpg

I've got some heat shielding I'll put on it and I'll find a better place for the grounds.

I spoke with Holley and they confirmed that my trigger wire for the relay was indeed missing from my harness. They're going to be sending me the necessary pieces to make it right. They offered to send me a replacement harness, but I'd rather avoid that work as much as I'd like for them to have to give me another one. He also confirmed that the "required" loose black wire doesn't exist on my harness. So their instructions need some updating. Here's a link to the wiring diagram if anyone needs it. I'm missing the A2 wire.
https://documents.holley.com/558-116_gen_iii_hemi_main_harness_diagram.pdf

I was able to heat shield my fuel lines and fuel tank ground wires yesterday. I've got some SS cable ties I'll replace the plastic ones with.

wOZZNaNxgRYNuToHzR2Tc=w689-h919-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg
yprxNAddBy-jobjIWHUcz=w689-h919-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
I got the relay wiring installed and now the fuel pump primes as it's supposed to. I wanted to wait until my brother came over to have an extra set of eyes for first fire, but my wife was around so that was good enough. Fired right up. It was idling around 1800 rpm so I'm not sure if that's because the computer is in learn mode or if it's because it's cold or if it has to do with the fact that my IAT sensor is reading high. Either way I didn't let it run that long. I'll do more diagnostics tomorrow, but for now I'm happy to cross this milestone.

So I let it run a little longer tonight. Still idling around 2000 to 2300 rpm. Right after it cranks it's running at a pretty low idle (normal sounding), but then ramps up to +2000 after a about a second. Even cold it's supposed to run around 1000 rpm. I checked all the settings and nothing looks out of place. The IAC valve is reading 0%. The throttle is physically at 0% and that's what the ECU is reading too. Ideas?

Also I found out that the rubber seal on my oil filter was missing. That explains the oil leak. On the bright side, turns out I don't need the 45deg adapter. That'll make it a lot easier to change the filter. Solved that issue to now find an oil leak on my valve cover. Might have rolled the o-ring when installing it after oil prime. Guess I'll have to pull it again to check.

Last edited:
Try a TPS reset with Holley setup
If the TPS is not reset, the computer might think that you're actually at 10% throttle.
Otherwise, you might have to manually adjust butterfly on the throttle body to get the air flow in the range of the iac adjustment and then reset your TPS again afterwards
Iac should be about 3% warm idling no load.

Cold starts ive seen mine go to 100% at 20 degrees

Try a TPS reset with Holley setup
If the TPS is not reset, the computer might think that you're actually at 10% throttle.
Otherwise, you might have to manually adjust butterfly on the throttle body to get the air flow in the range of the iac adjustment and then reset your TPS again afterwards
Iac should be about 3% warm idling no load.

Cold starts ive seen mine go to 100% at 20 degrees
When I look at the monitors, it shows TPS at 0% when it really is at 0%. I have a cable throttle body so it's easy to verify. Do you still think a TPS reset would help? I'm waiting on a replacement MAT sensor. Mine is reading 115F when it's actually roughly 60F. I let it get up to temperature and the RPMs didn't change. It also hasn't gone into learn mode yet.

One thing I'm considering is that I had to repin my IAC plug based on Holley feedback. Here's what I changed.
1709393408067.png

That's because I'm using a LS throttle body. I changed the IAC setting in the Terminator to LS as well. I'm wondering if I got bad advice from Holley and the IAC is doing something different than what it's showing.

That is a possibility, because they look the same, might have to check part numbers. When the tps is reset and the iac is at 100% and the idle is at 2000 the blade is open to far for the ecu to control - past idle control. I would start the engine and adjust the blade for the iac to be less than 100 ~ 80 ish until you can let the engine warm up to operating temp. then you can adjust the the blade until the iac is 3-5% at idle. reset tps and you should be good. Do you have a laptop? you can see more of what holley is reading at one time and record data.

That is a possibility, because they look the same, might have to check part numbers. When the tps is reset and the iac is at 100% and the idle is at 2000 the blade is open to far for the ecu to control - past idle control. I would start the engine and adjust the blade for the iac to be less than 100 ~ 80 ish until you can let the engine warm up to operating temp. then you can adjust the the blade until the iac is 3-5% at idle. reset tps and you should be good. Do you have a laptop? you can see more of what holley is reading at one time and record data.
If I understand correctly you can't adjust the IAC directly. You adjust the throttle stop to get the IAC where you want it. The IAC is at 0% cold and at operating temp. I've got 3 ideas. One, the throttle stop is too early and it's not letting the blade close enough. There's not a whole lot of adjustment left in that direction, so I'm doubtful it can make that big a difference. Two, my IAC is wired up incorrectly thanks to Holley and it's opening the IAC when it thinks it's closing it. That would explain the half decent idle immediately after crank, but then it running up right after. Three I've got a massive vacuum leak. I've got all the vacuum ports accounted for, so I'm not sure how likely that is.

If I take the filter and tube off the TB, can I see what the IAC is doing? Based on this picture, I would assume I can see the stopper moving.
1709482709554.png

Auto Transport Service
Back