• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite Gen III Hemi Restomod

I don’t understand why TTI makes them hang so low when they could go up an inch or so.

That's the GENIII swap headers? They're hanging insanely low, your car isn't all that low. I was going to use them on my Coronet, may have to reconsider now.

That's the GENIII swap headers? They're hanging insanely low, your car isn't all that low. I was going to use them on my Coronet, may have to reconsider now.
It is kinda low. Lowest I can go on the RMS setup.
1000001801.jpg

I'm curious what the difference in ride height is. What's the height to top part of the fender lip? I'm at about 23".
I will try and get a measurement but right now I have the car out under a car port because I am installing a 572 into a 70 Roadrunner, also the car port has gravel under it so any measurement will be sketchy. I have not set the ride height yet actually but I have very large T bars and this is about where the car sits with the adjusters barely making contact (as I recall).

FYI for those that like the lowered look (like I do), the TTI headers are very low with my setup. I measured about 1.9" of clearance.
View attachment 1636825
As much as I like it, I think I'm going to have to go up a little in the front.
You'll need to drive it like a ricer/tuner. Take parking lot/driveway entrances/speed humps etc at an angle, not straight on.

Here are a couple of pictures for reference of my car

View attachment 1637164View attachment 1637165

I measured my car yesterday and I am at about 25.5"
So for both of you... what's your height at the front/rear pinch welds (rocker panel). I can't really compare fender lip heights given the differences between your cars and my Coronet. Pinch welds ought to be pretty much the same though. I'm about 6 1/2" in the front and 6 7/8" in the rear.

20240321_164846.jpg

So for both of you... what's your height at the front/rear pinch welds (rocker panel). I can't really compare fender lip heights given the differences between your cars and my Coronet. Pinch welds ought to be pretty much the same though. I'm about 6 1/2" in the front and 6 7/8" in the rear.

View attachment 1637860
Mine is 7.5 in the front to the bottom of the pinch weld and 8 in the rear.

Well keep in mind there is no trunk or hood and no interior or side glass so I am sure it will come down some. That said I do like the rake/stance of my car.
Plus we have no idea how sacked out my stock stuff was. The Hotchkis rear springs lowered the back a bit over an inch.

Here's the importance of shake down runs. This is what happens when a wire routing shifts without knowing.
1000001817.jpg

Luckily it wasn't into the plug yet, just the housing, so it's just a cosmetic issue on my header.

FYI for those that like the lowered look (like I do), the TTI headers are very low with my setup. I measured about 1.9" of clearance.
View attachment 1636825
As much as I like it, I think I'm going to have to go up a little in the front.
Wow! That don't look right for some reason......I have TTI's on my 68 Charger 6.1 swap and mine are only a hair below the transmission pan.

100_7623.JPG

Charger2.JPG

I tweaked my ride height a little more. I need as much ground clearance as I can get. I settled on about 25" to the fender up front. 7-1/8" to the pinch seam in the front, 7-1/2" in the rear. I'm not totally in love with the stance. I might raise the rear a bit more at some point. It's getting aligned Friday ahead of tuning next Tuesday.
1000001823.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back