• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 kickdown adjustment

doublekrossd

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
I'm close but... The car is running pretty good, shifting pretty decent but it shifts 1-2 a little quick and then will not kick down when heavy throttle is applied out of 3rd gear. Also, I need to be nearly to a complete stop before it goes back into first gear. I'm thinking the fix should just be to tighten up the lokar kickdown little by little until I get my desired results correct?

I'm close but... The car is running pretty good, shifting pretty decent but it shifts 1-2 a little quick and then will not kick down when heavy throttle is applied out of 3rd gear. Also, I need to be nearly to a complete stop before it goes back into first gear. I'm thinking the fix should just be to tighten up the lokar kickdown little by little until I get my desired results correct?
.....and if that don't get it, you might want to pull the pan and check the throttle valve adjustment.

Linkage adjustment ought to do it. I had the same problem a quick adjustment solved the problem.

Talked to a 727 rebuilder and told him of the same cenario....his response was the 1968 727 shifted like that....nothing wrong according to him........I just manually downshift to 2nd when slowing down......kick down works when I tromp on it to get by Chevy big blocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back