• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73/74 Roadrunner Hood Pin Locations

Bruzilla

Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
Can someone with hood pins post some pics of where the holes need to go in the hood and for the pins? Thanks.

My front fenders are off, but this is the hood. The front of the hood is to the left of the image in these.

IMAGE_F389766E-4282-4E75-84DF-073CAA0E67B9.png

IMAGE_123ED4D9-6029-4DB2-8AC5-5C62CC2631A3.png

IMAGE_BB737EED-1637-4DF8-BE08-459D5DF08D29.png

Looking at the above post mine is the same, There is a holes in the fender just down a bit from the rubber front hood rests that must have been factory for something they certainly look factory, mine didn't have hood pins until i put them on, but here is where they go thru the hood, pins fit perfect into the holes there. Ill get a pic if you want of the holes im talking about.. Im going by memory hear its possible its the radiator support, but i can check if needed.

Picture2019320Medium20Medium20Custo.gif

Hey Ron. Some pictures would be great! My plan was to drill the holes to mount the pins first, then mount the pins, then put some clay on the underside of the hood and lower it until the pins make contact. The clay will show me exactly where the holes in the hood need to go.

Im glad you asked, i didn't realize how rusty-crummy mine were, heres a couple, one of one out and the other side in. third is looking straight down 4 and 5/8 to edge of hole, i bruised a rib the other day, couldn't hold camera very good to measure... White stuff here and there spilt wax.
Picture2021420Small202.gif

Picture2021620Small202-1.gif

Picture2022020Small.gif

I said that wrong, sorry, its an 1/8 back from 5.. not 4 5/8 ill go out and make sure, again, i am sorry.. You'll have to excuse my ignorance hear... Im not going to make excuses but don't go by 4 5/8 !!

Is this a Satty thing, whats those holes for if you know? and what i corrected is right.. Pain or pain meds, you be the judge!

I said that wrong, sorry, its an 1/8 back from 5.. not 4 5/8 ill go out and make sure, again, i am sorry.. You'll have to excuse my ignorance hear... Im not going to make excuses but don't go by 4 5/8 !!

Is this a Satty thing, whats those holes for if you know? and what i corrected is right.. Pain or pain meds, you be the judge!

Hey Ron, on mine, my factory pins are there. So its not that you happened to find holes that worked, thats where there supposed to go!

Hey Ron, on mine, my factory pins are there. So its not that you happened to find holes that worked, thats where there supposed to go!

They making holes just for hood pins is a new one on me.. Learn something new each day it seems here.. Thanks for the info, i used them only because it was convenient for them, cool..

They making holes just for hood pins is a new one on me.. Learn something new each day it seems here.. Thanks for the info, i used them only because it was convenient for them, cool..

Still nd to take a pic of mine, havent got the time, maybe later i hope

As promised, heres the locations of my factory pins

Attachments

• IMG_201203201814.jpg
    IMG_201203201814.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2012032014117.jpg
    IMG_2012032014117.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 404
Auto Transport Service
Back