• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 73 Charger Gas Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowburn

Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys

We ran into a big problem, we were getting ready to start up the Charger for the first time since buying it, we drained the old fuel out of it and replaced it with fresh and a couple cans of seafoam, well next morning the entire contents of the tank were on the driveway, apparently the previous owner had plugged several holes in it with some sort of epoxy and apparently the seafoam ate right through it, the sending unit was also completely filled in with that epoxy we would have never been able to pull fuel if we tried.

I need a solid leak-free tank that will fit, as long as it bolts in and the sending unit works and will synch with the gauge I'm good.

Please someone hook me up, I can't afford a new tank $300 bucks is well beyond my means.

Last edited:
ebay or rock auto spectra tank is $150 plus reasonable shipping.

IIRC my total was about $180.

ebay or rock auto spectra tank is $150 plus reasonable shipping.

IIRC my total was about $180.

You forgot about the sending unit ;) Rockauto wants $238 for both which if I wasn't poor would be very reasonable, but I am on a very tight budget and I was hoping for something a bit cheaper used.

Oh, yeah.

Sorry.

I looked for a used tank, but they all had the same problem- sediment caused a hole, right smack in the center of the bottom.
80% of them had already been patched, and 50% of those were leaking again, just like mine.
Another 50% had big dents on one or more corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back