• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 charger power seats?

mike71ssp

Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Power seats from 2002 jeep cherakee, perfect fit, little work to fit... Easy.... 001.jpgPicture 36.jpg other jeeps may work, but I got lucky as to ease of fitting 2002...

Good morning--thats very cool...are they out of a Cherokee Limited or the older square style Cherokee?

power unit is about one inch smaller than oem tracks, I used 2- 1x17 inch aluminum straps to hold down onto seat using original screws, and all I had to do is bend rear tabs flat to fit flush on floor; drill new holes, used apoxy glue to put controls on lower seat frame/ holds great were controls are.... whole job one hr... just needs hot wire to fuse box... SALVAGE YRD THEY WERE $40.00 WITH SEATS 2 UNITS PASSENGER WILL BE POWER ALSO....

1 inch smaller where?

Looks like the seat will sit taller.

FWIW an M body 5th Ave power track is almost identical to a 71-74 six way power track.

Just need to bend the rear brackets out like you said.

Controls are much smaller, look more like 71-74 controls.

If you want power passenger, you'll need to use another driver's side track, due to M body catalyst hump.

Not a big deal, though.

Seat will sit lower or taller,,,, called power seats,, all the way down not as high as oem.

Can you post a picture of the installed seat? I think you and YY1 both found different ways to do this, just depends on what you can find.

I'm still not seeing how this can sit lower than the factory mount, even in the fully down position.

It looks like there's at least 2-3 inches of additional material between the seat and the floor.

The reason I ask is that I'm 6'3" with a long spine, and any extra headroom is always a plus for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be possible for you to show us a pic of the factory mount side by side with the power mount fully down?

If it's truly a reduced height, I'll be building one tomorrow.

it sits about 2 inchs lower/ plus power unit sits inside if original rails on seat,lowering it more... as I said, make 4 aluminum straps 17 inchs long, one inch wide, and bolt to original holes to keep seat in place. U will not be using the bolt holes on seat... they ride inside of seat rails tightly,or cut off....Picture 39.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

as I did, I cut out vinyl on botton of seat and apoxyd the controls to metal are, rather than trying to use screws. Hold tight and the only cut on plastic was were seat fold forward, minor...... and once installed may need to cut bottom of plastic to slide above carpet. haven't got there yet but minor again...

installed and found that ware outter track was, It should be knocked down a bit to slide over seat more towards the door, and away from console, EASY, OTHER THAT THAT ITS GREAT....031.jpg AND YES THEY SIT LOWER, AND MUCH MORE UP-DOWN/ BACK FORWARD.....

- - - Updated - - -

ADDED A PIC FOR YOU, AND YES THERE MUCH LOWER, VERY HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME OF PROJECT... I knocked down the humps a bit to make closer to door and room between console 2 inchs.. drill holes bam!.... now u know why they sit lower.......

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back