• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 charger rallye edition factory 440.

What was the out come of that rear?
Car looks great!

What was the out come of that rear?
Car looks great!

well....wile working on the stock 8 3/4 I somehow was bitten by the fat tire bug ,

I ended up walking away from the stock and went with a moser engineered 8 3/4 with back brace narrowed 8" , magnaforce (do not recommend) pro 4 link kit and did a mini tub to fit a 29x15x15 mickey Thompson sportsman s/r on a weld drag star 12x15 rim I probably have enough room to run a 31x16x15 ..

Hung the front bumper by myself, needless to say my neighbors learned some new words that day ..but it's on, and its close, and I have all the parts :) since I bought the car disassembled, I figured I should try and build it before body and paint ..

20180722_114749.jpg 20180722_115114.jpg

Headlights are still a little off ,grill inserts need tweaked , nothing that a day of tinkering cant fix on the final install ..

I tell you, it's freaking awesome how the post started looking like just some dude farting around in his backyard then BAM! Completely stripped frame! Then WHAM!! Professionally painted frame! Then comes the rapid fire of baddassness! fat rear tires, four link with track bar, chrome bumpers, and power dome hood. Can't wait to see the engine.

I tell you, it's freaking awesome how the post started looking like just some dude farting around in his backyard then BAM! Completely stripped frame! Then WHAM!! Professionally painted frame! Then comes the rapid fire of baddassness! fat rear tires, four link with track bar, chrome bumpers, and power dome hood. Can't wait to see the engine.

Thank you so much for that ! ! It really dose mean a lot ..I'm doing as much as I can by myself, one to save on cost , two because I love it ,the building , learning ,research and so on ..but having help to hang the front bumper would of been nice ..
I took the original time table and threw it in the garbage can... I no longer see the need to speed up a project for a imaginary time table , it gets done when it gets done , and will be what I want when it's done..lol...

Thank you..

20180729_071758.jpg 20180729_071853.jpg 20180728_220304.jpg

And oh yeah , new efi xl tank showed up , drying right now .. :)
With a areomotive flex 450 stealth pump .

IMG_2048.jpg IMG_2049.jpg IMG_2050.jpg IMG_2051.jpg received_306616893443031.jpeg

Just found this build thread...Great work!! I had a few 73 SE Chargers, and I wouldn't mind finding another. I will be following this from now on. :thumbsup:

just an update , charger project got put on hold for the winter to do a smaller Harley project ,
but i did manage to get the fuel cell in and next up is fuel line routing challenge , pics coming soon..

Auto Transport Service
Back