• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Charger SE - Trying to talk my dad into it - Seems like a decent deal

Drache

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
318 Automatic 2bbl numbers matching,ps,pb,2 fender tags,runs and drives,body and paint done see list for new items supplied and items completed,restoration is at 85% completed

,paint needs to be wet sanded yet and some touch ups,maybe a few small things,health cant do it anymore, I have including the new parts to go with at least a truck box full of parts in boxes.

asking $19,500.00 CDN ($14,300 USD)

CkthCrn.jpg

qLXs5tZ.jpg

kimqo2w.jpg

kVS3TV6.jpg

GkRJ7ts.jpg

m62Ph6B.jpg

f8FlOum.jpg

Ten grand is the number for that car. It looks like the took a bulge hood off the car before putting it up for sale.

I’d say that’s a very good deal. The A/C situation confuses me….i see a/c dash but no a/c under the hood.

Meh: Have to paint the hood and the rest of the paint isn't finished. Needs wheels, tires, bigger engine. Too high I think. Take a magnet with you if you go to look at it.

I’d say that’s a very good deal. The A/C situation confuses me….i see a/c dash but no a/c under the hood.
Is not an A/C car. The blower and cooling hose on engine bay is a Heater setup. No holes for the evaporator lines… and the control is actually non A/C, but strato vent, hence why the dash insert with just the center outlets.

1712490650155.jpeg

Last edited:
It's a strato vent car, 2 vents vs 3 for AC.

I think its too much as well. 10k. It is clean.

I’d say $8-9K tops.

Small block, unfinished, non A/C, bench instead buckets and console… the SE is not the most valuable car once finished.

Brougham interior panels but no clock on cluster? Clock was part of the Brougham package.

Agree on stratovent

agree paint and body not finished if the hood don't match

quarters look wavy- look close, take magnet

14K might spend better

I'm not sure what it's worth not seeing it up close. But I don't know what some of you guys are thinking. $8-10K wouldn't by a non running car with a paint job. Obiviously you haven't had much paint experience. Did you look at the parts list? Now if the work is substandard that's another story.
Doug

Even green, my non-favorite color, I think that's not a bad starting point for negotiations. Seems like a pretty good car. From what else is going around, under 15K is not getting much anymore.

Take a magnet for sure!! Top of the fenders by the blinker, wheel well area, doors pretty much everywhere! Those are the places I found lots of mud on my old 73. Good luck! I wish I still had mine!

Talking Dad into it is a hard sell already. Unless Dad is looking for one already, Dads have bigger fish to fry, usually. Like mortgage payments and a family to care for.
If that car was in WI, the price would be a smokin deal for the area.

Need to see if the body work is legit. If the paint really does only need like a cut/polish to finish it off, painting a hood(I am sure you would go find a bulge hood anyway) is not as pricey as the whole car.
Green interior is a love/hate thing.

You need to weigh how close to home it is, willingness to go further away, what the plans are for the car. I have no idea what availability of a clean Mopar in Canada is. In WI they are treasures.

Auto Transport Service
Back