• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 charger seat belts

Jonny

Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
So I've been off the grid for a bit, now I'm back with a quick question. The guy I bought my Charger from had racing harnesses in the car, but no seatbelts. I bought what were described as '73 charger seatbelts on ebay, but I can't figure out how to install them. Does anyone have or could take pictures of their stock front seatbelts? More specifically where they mount on on the bottom. I found on the mount on the roof and one the floor behind the front seat, but thats it. The seatbelts I bought seem to have 3 mounting points. Thanks for any help!!

Are you asking about the lap or shoulder belts? Sounds like you may have '74 belts where the lap and shoulder belts are combined into one housing. The 3rd mounting point is inside the bottom of the rear side panel. On '74s, the side panel is 2 piece and the shoulder belt retractor is mounted there.

The belts I have 3 mounting points. The belt goes from one retractor (no plastic housing) to the roof support/shoulder belt to the buckle, then to the lap belt/retractor (with plastic housing). I'll take a picture when I get back home.

This is a '74 seat belt with 3 mounting points.

100_4579.gif

yep, thats the one I have, Thanks. Crap. Anyone want a set of '74 seatbelts for a set of '73?

As you can see, tape is holding the cover together on this driver side piece. I bought this set to replace the broken driver side case in my '74, but 1 of the 2 screw shafts is broken off inside. If you have black belts and black case and not broken or cracked, I could be interested.

they are maroonish red. I do have a couple sharpies though:idea1:

Auto Transport Service
Back