• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 charger sunroof model

KayiBey

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi, new member here.
I am restoring a 73 charger and it had a sunroof.. previous owner blanked it out and painted over it.

I am hoping to restore it to as close to original as I can. Anyone help with sourcing one, or finding an aftermarket that is close to original. Perhaps off another vehicle. Your help and advice is appreciated.

F22ECEE4-A908-4F6C-800D-9F2F83202A55.jpeg

Wow. Good luck! Probably the easiest way to do it would be to get a complete roof off another car. But that would be almost impossible. It can be done. But you may have to get a few pieces at a time. Welcome!

Your going to need the whole roof pretty near. They are out there, sold a complete one a year or so ago.

Might look at 75 up Cordoba as there were lots of sunroofs on those and may be the same panel and guts.

A wanted thread is the best place to start.

Hi, new member here.
I am restoring a 73 charger and it had a sunroof.. previous owner blanked it out and painted over it.

I am hoping to restore it to as close to original as I can. Anyone help with sourcing one, or finding an aftermarket that is close to original. Perhaps off another vehicle. Your help and advice is appreciated.

View attachment 1216983
The sunroof goes in as a cassette so you need to find a 73 or 4 B body sunroof assembly or donor. They made a lot more sunroofs in 73 and 74 because they where cheaper to install at the factory.
No 75 and up is completely different animal.

I can't speak to the cassette being the same or different, but a power motor from a 77 Cordoba bolted right on to the 74 manual crank assembly I had.

I've seen a LOT more 74 sunroof cars than any other year.

yeap, I guess some parts are "fittable" but not the full assembly being "plug and play".

If A body sunroof is the same ( which could be very well... I don't think the small production of Sunroof cars would require a diff piece for every body, except for the roof skin )... there is one on Fb Right now

sunroof.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back