• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Rallye Instrument Panel Bezel Removal

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
Looking to remove the bezel from my Charger and send out for refinishing. Once radio and other switches are cleared does the steering wheel have to come off?

No, just drop the column a bit and carefully remove. I think the heater control must also come out ( that required pulling the seat for me , but I'm a large guy). Sometimes the heat will distort the bezel making re-install very fun.

Was wondering the same thing. Have to sort out loose wires and burnt out bulbs etc.

Just wondering. Where are you sending bezel for refinishing??

I’m not clear on what are you doing.

The bezel will come out with the cluster. Once on bench you can remove the bezel. Can’t remove just the bezel with cluster still on car.

Meaning with this, once you removed Radio and unplugged everything, drop the column, remove screws (there are two hidded down the column “tunnel”) then proceed. No need to remove switches or knobs on this stage.

Remember is not just wiring attached to cluster, but also speedo cable heater cable and vacuum lines

Was wondering the same thing. Have to sort out loose wires and burnt out bulbs etc.

Just wondering. Where are you sending bezel for refinishing??
I came across a posting in this forum that someone had used a place called Vacuum Ornametal. I sent them the tri-vent insert and air-conditioning vents from the passenger side for refinishing of the simulated wood grain and chrome trim. Should have the pieces back tomorrow. Will let you know how they look. Assuming they look as good as I am told, that’s who I will send the instrument panel bezel to. Their prices were very reasonable compared to other companies I checked into.

I’m not clear on what are you doing.

The bezel will come out with the cluster. Once on bench you can remove the bezel. Can’t remove just the bezel with cluster still on car.

Meaning with this, once you removed Radio and unplugged everything, drop the column, remove screws (there are two hidded down the column “tunnel”) then proceed. No need to remove switches or knobs on this stage.

Remember is not just wiring attached to cluster, but also speedo cable heater cable and vacuum lines
Thanks. Your response answered my question.

The cluster will come out like this… thenyou’ll be able to remove the bezel, since is attached to housing with screws from behind (aside remove also the switches nuts of course)

71-74-b-body-rallye-cluster-9-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back