• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 roadrunner hood springs

rm2173!

Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
any suggestions on how to change hood springs rear of hood does not come down also fresh paint on car

Somewhat common issue, more so on E body cars.
Sometimes you can adjust all or most of that out by carefully playing around with where the bolts are in the slots.
Sometimes the springs are "sprung".

Try to adjust first.

The hinge/spring on my driver's side wanted to be about 3/4 of an inch high when I put my RR hood on.
I was able to adjust it down to about 3/16".
I can push it down after closing it and it stays.

Mine was stiff and noticed it went down more after open and shut a few times
I ended up putting a little oil on the pivots of the hinge itself and that helped a lot

Somewhat common issue, more so on E body cars.
Sometimes you can adjust all or most of that out by carefully playing around with where the bolts are in the slots.
Sometimes the springs are "sprung".

Try to adjust first.

The hinge/spring on my driver's side wanted to be about 3/4 of an inch high when I put my RR hood on.
I was able to adjust it down to about 3/16".
I can push it down after closing it and it stays.
i have adjusted it and now that it is painted it is all lubed up i thought that would help but it has not.It is better but not perfect. Now looking to change springs

i have adjusted it and now that it is painted it is all lubed up i thought that would help but it has not.It is better but not perfect. Now looking to change springs
Hinges are worn, if you remove the spring you will see play at the pivot points

I also found the adjustment to be a bit "non-intuitive" with respect to what happened after adjustments were made.

Seemed like both adjustments all the way down did not result in the lowest possible position of the hood.

thanks for every ones help went back to adjustments and got hood to work

Auto Transport Service
Back