• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 roadrunner project

Stay small block you will thank yourself I hunted a long time for a 72 rallye 340 magnum charger . The big blocks make this style car very noise heavy I have a 72 440 4 speed charger that I do work on and drive the piss out of it it dinod at 528 HP
My 340 car dinod at 498 or 48? Somewhere up there id need to look for the papers anyways I had more fun driving the small block car even though it was an auto at the time they move much nicer and rev much higher . I like my small blocks I put them in everything unless ordered different or it came with a rebuilt bb . There so close in power you couldn't tell till corners and revs came into play . Stay with the little bad *** you'll be happy

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!
That is going to be a sweet looking car when it is done!
1. I sandblasted my torsion bars ("They" don't want you to nick them or bang on them but I personally don't think a mild blast hurts them, after all "Shot Peening" allegedly strengthens steel)
2. I'd probably go with a 360 build-up...perhaps cheaper and a VERY GOOD engine combo with reliability and performance!
Good luck with your build!

Auto Transport Service
Back