• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet 500

Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
Long time follower - first post.

Hello to everyone from the the Northeast of the U.S.
This Dodge has been in the family since the 80's, off the road since the 90's. Marriage, family, and all the other excuses.
Mother nature tried to reclaim her, but we are going to try and save this fine example of the all purpose Mopar.
383 w/ Carter 2 bbl, automatic, AC, and power brakes/steering - great for cruising or pulling your boat.
We soaked the cylinder with Mystery Oil and the engine rotates by hand - no obvious damage.
Trunk floor and rear frame (axle back) are destined for the junk pile.

Back yard tinkerer, not a professional.
Will be looking for advice as we go through the slow process of tear down and hopefully to restoration - hopeful to get back on the road in spring of 2025!
Thanks for running this website/forum.

Dodge front cropped.jpg

Dodge full rear - cropped.jpg

Dodge full front.jpg

Engine bay.jpg

Dodge trunk.jpg

That's a good looking ride. Enjoy the adventure of fixing it up!

Welcome, good to see another 500 being brought back to life.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. That looks like a nice restoration project. I always liked the '69 Coronet 500's. I bought a Super Bee new in 1969, but was not smart enough to hang into it, like your family.

Nice! Looks like everything is there and that's a BIG advantage for any restoration project!!

Welcome (3)f.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, great Coronet 500 project.

almost 2 year & the 1st post :poke:
welcome to FBBO from soggy wet NorCal Sierras

I always loved the 500 trim level. Even better you are starting with a big block!

Looks like a great project with some good family history. Can’t wait to see you bring it back to life.
Welcome from Prescott, Arizona

Welcome. Fight the urge to make it an R/T.

Auto Transport Service
Back