• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 roadrunner steering

redrr

Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
After getting my 73 roadrunner steering column 90% completed, I'm still not sure how to handle the rubber hockey puck" for the rag joint
Has anyone had any luck finding it or a viable solution for this?
Thanks B

16887499867981800401632669019624.jpg

Dozen of threads about that on several boards.

use an actual hockey puck, drilling it accordingly

aluminium made piece (available around from bouchillon performance )

some ppl claimed success using the Land Rover replacement piece.

quite ago a poly replacement was available from bouchillon performance, but it seems didn’t hold nicely the exhaust manifold heat and they weren’t made anymore

I never realized that before, since for some reason this topic hasn’t been touched anymore since long time ago!

That’s a good new!

I have used two generic rag joints off the Help rack at the parts store. Bolted them together with a few washers. $25 at most. That was a while ago when there was no correct replacements available.

Actual hockey puck (NHL spec) was under $5 and has been in there for almost 10 years.

Whatever they do to make them resistant to cold also makes them resistant to heat.

They don't melt when drilled, they spiral.

That's what I was looking for ! 5 bucks sold!

I have used two generic rag joints off the Help rack at the parts store. Bolted them together with a few washers. $25 at most. That was a while ago when there was no correct replacements available.
I was forgot to add the stacking of rag joints as a solution too!

Auto Transport Service
Back