• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Satellite Sebring

Makes a 5.9 Magnum swap much more appealing, especially when you consider a 245 NET HP stock 5.9 is the same power as a 73 400 and almost as much as the 73 440.

Going on the easy, definitelly yes.

I crawled underneath the car today and pulling the pan is very do able. Considerably easier than chevys I've worked on in the past. To be honest, mopar has always been my favorite on the looks of muscle cars, but the more I mess with mine and learn about the motor, it seems a lot more simpler and easier than I expected. I was looking at pulling the motor to go over it and put all new gaskets in it too and pulling it wouldn't be so bad either. I'd like to clean up the engine bay anyways and re paint it.

IMG_0590.JPG

Can anyone tell me what cam this is? It was inside the car along with a brand new box of roller lifters. I believe he was fixing to change the cam before he passed away

If you pull the engine, change the freeze/expansion plugs.

Be sure to get the ones in the back that are covered by the transmission.

...and use "deep" brass plugs.

I ordered a high volume pump, I got the car inside my shop and on jack stands. I'm going to attempt to remove pan and change the pump.

Finally attempted to remove the pan. Gotta say, it wasn't to bad. Pulled it right off, changed the pump, pick up screen and the pump rod/gear. The pan was sludgy, the screen on pick up tube was completely full of crap and the pump was locked up tight I couldn't get it to move at all. Cleaned the pan and replaced all the parts, new pan gaskets and got it all on. Changed the oil and even the oil filter was full of crap. I stabbed the distributor and it fired up. I got to drive it around the block for the first time. Also the first time this car has moved under its own power in 13 years.

If you pull the engine, change the freeze/expansion plugs.

Be sure to get the ones in the back that are covered by the transmission.

...and use "deep" brass plugs.

YY1 could you please PM me, I have a couple questions.

Auto Transport Service
Back