• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Satellite

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions so far. Changed the oil today with Penn grade 10w40 and a napa gold 1068. Took her out for a spin and man, is the engine running smooth.

However, the bushings are shot. I'm talking wheel side to side play of scary proportions. Was looking at the p-s-t super kits which call for measuring the sway bar. I used a tape measure and I'm pretty sure it's 7/8". Does this seem right? Most replacements are measuring 1" or more.

You did well,you don't get much big block B body Mopar for under five grand,and it runs and drives too. 400 engines are a great core engine for a low deck stroker engine,they can make a lot of power when built correctly.

You did well,you don't get much big block B body Mopar for under five grand,and it runs and drives too. 400 engines are a great core engine for a low deck stroker engine,they can make a lot of power when built correctly.
That they can. If I go with a stroker, it'll probably be the cookie cutter 451, but that's a ways out. Plenty of other things to accomplish first.

Thanks for the reply! I ran the VIN and it started life as a sebring plus with the "Premium" price class. No longer so premium. The nice thing is the guy selling it originally had a 2nd satellite he pillaged parts from and came with. All the interior trim, panels, center console and seat is there just needing to be installed. I paid $4300. Did i do ok?
Congrats! If you lived in the Northeast, I'd give you $4,300 for the drivetrain! Make your money back in one transaction! Let me know if the project feels overwhelming :lol: . Until then, welcome to the forum!

Congrats and welcome! I've had several 73 roadrunners and satellites, my most recent one being a SSP that was a P code 4 speed..... like numerous others, I wish I'd kept it!! The ding dong I sold it to changed it from tahitian bronze metallic to black?!?!?!?! Go figure!

Auto Transport Service
Back