• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger: pulled 10 wrenches out of the quarter panel drain hole...

It's amazing what shows up when you are taking a car down to "bare bones". I would be interested to know which "previous owner" lost those wrenches and didn't try to retrieve them. When I took my '69 Bee apart to do the sheet metal repairs (Everett, Wash.) after pulling up the carpet pad, I found 3 safety pins, 2 filter cig. butts, a broken "Hemi" fender call-out and 2 trim moulding clips from another Dodge vehicle. This tells me that there was some "horseplay" going on on the line at Lynch Road. Only the Shadow knows...

Pulled this stuff out of the rear quarters of my 72 Challenger recently.
Terry W.

Rear Qtr Cleanout 1.jpg

Found 1 more, 10 in total. I have them all cleaned up a bit. They are from 8 mm to 18 mm. I only miss the 17 mm... for a straight flush!

View attachment 1495682
Just throw in an 11/16" wrench and call it close enough. :)

Now, about that plate. It looks familiar for some reason.

BTW, awesome find!

Edit:
The plate looks like the back side of a belt buckle. What is on the other side?

Last edited:
Just throw in an 11/16" wrench and call it close enough. :)

Now, about that plate. It looks familiar for some reason.

BTW, awesome find!

Edit:
The plate looks like the back side of a belt buckle. What is on the other side?
Yes a belt buckle indeed. :thumbsup: The other side is just a shining surface. Only God knows how that landed in my quarter panel.

P1020455.JPG

P1020456.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back