• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Wiring Harnesses

Moparmayhem

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, hope your projects are all going good.
My son and I are restoring a 74 Charger and we need all the wiring harnesses.
Ours are all dry rotted, cracked we can't trust them. We're looking for some insight
on brands, where to purchase and some heads up.
Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Moparmayhem

Theorically M&H harnesses are the best option. Being sold throught Year One and Classic Industries.

wait for the Year One 30% discount code they float on every 2 or 3 months I think.

be sure you REALLY need everyone. Tipically the underdash harness uses to get some small damages easy and cheaper to fix than a full replacement. Except if they are heavily hacked by previous owners or mechs.

i can understand the full engine harness AND the NSS harness. They use to be the most damaged ones by the heat and oil. Headlight harness use to be also easy and cheap to fix.

rear tail light harness uses to get some damages just on plug area, and the plug and terminals are available around.

Have to agree with Nacho. He's helped on a few things years back:thumbsup: I did end up getting my engine and dash harnesses thru Year One which sells the M&H harnesses which are exact replicas of the original ones.

M&H is the way to go. Big money but plug and play. YearOne and they have discounts codes to help. Call to see if in stock. .

Thanks guys,
Yeah everything was already tore out and thrown in a box. Don't know if everything is there and if it is for our car.
Inspected the wires, fuse box and they were all chipped and cracked so we just don't get that warm fuzzy feeling. :cursin:

Hey Hanks73340 you wouldn't happen to have a part number and was that a complete set?

Hey Hanks73340 you wouldn't happen to have a part number and was that a complete set?
What model do you have. Mine is the Rallye version and my 73 will be a little different than the 74. Go to the Year One sight and do a run-down on your model. Both of my harnesses were a complete set for the dash and engine harnesses. I also got my A/C harness from them too.

Hey Everyone, hope your projects are all going good.
My son and I are restoring a 74 Charger and we need all the wiring harnesses.
Ours are all dry rotted, cracked we can't trust them. We're looking for some insight
on brands, where to purchase and some heads up.
Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Moparmayhem
good till midnight monday

Shop YEARONE.com or call 1-800-932-7663
Save up to 30%* until midnight Monday.
Enter Code: UC2235

Auto Transport Service
Back